Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Hamlin can dish out the "smack" as well!!!!

798 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BLACKER 
Yup Hendrick hasn't really dominated the COT races they are just there to pick up the pieces. Think about it. Hamlin has Phoenix won till he gets a speeding penalty on pit road, Harvick has Richmond won until he bumps into Ragan on pit road and Hamlin has Darlington won until a pit road mishap. Sure the Hendrick cars have won all 5 races but in reality did they "really" win them?

I'm not saying they aren't up front I'm just saying they aren't the dominate car. They are usually running top 5 but in each of the 5 COT races the winning driver didn't lead the most laps. Stewart at Bristol, Dale Jr at Martinsville, Stewart at Phoenix, Gordon at Richmond and Hamlin at Darlington. Not once did the guy leading the most laps win and only once did a Hendrick driver lead the most. They clearly haven't dominated the races. Sure you could make the case they are running up front but really they have just used a bit of luck each time. Some of the mistakes that Hamlin has made are fixable real easily. I just don't see how people can argue that Hendrick has "dominated the COT races." They just put themselves into position to capitalize when someone ahead of them screws up. Sooner or later the guy in front won't screw up and Hendrick will get beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.