Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching for another car on Ebay and came across this one. Having never seen this before, I called RCCA and inquired when these went on sale. I know there were two different rookie elites offered, the one with the tire piece(1 of 111) and the one without (1 of 1011). This seller claims that there were 100 of the color chrome versions made; however, when I called RCCA, the rep had no knowledge of them. I have further inquired through the MA website because I am curious as to whether this is a legitimate piece or not. Does anyone else have any info on these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Denny-Hamlin-20...goryZ763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
589 Posts
Perhaps it is for Gibbs racing only? Also, it may be that liquid color or whatever, they made harvick champion in that.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i dont know if it is fake or not but i do like it. its just too high for my price range on a hamlin car

·
Legendary Member
25,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They stated they did not make liquid color in that car either.

·
Legendary Member
25,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what the seller told me. Maybe a trackside exclusive???

These are only being sold trackside at the Nextel Cup races off of the FedEx merchandise trailer. You have to have a ticket to the race even to get to these trailers. When I bought these, they were going fast and were almost gone a few weeks ago. If you look closely at the picture of the top of the box, it says "trackside". This is the only way you can get them. That's why I think they are going to be such a valuable and rare find. Good luck!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice looking car and I am wiht joker I would like to have it but a little pricy for my pocket book.

·
Legendary Member
25,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the reply I received from RCCA. What this is, basically, is an Elite AP piece. It is a Hood Open (but not trunk open) elite, sold trackside.

In 2007, the decision was made to produce a Trackside version of the Owners Elite car in an effort to make the casual fan aware of the differences between the mass retail product and the opportunity to collect limited edition Owners Elite. These are not the same car as the Owners Elite, they are Hood open only, do not have any of the trunk detail available in OE and have different packaging to name a few of the differences. Since RCCA is a members only club and until this year we have not had a presence trackside, this was viewed as an opportunity to get the casual fan interested in collecting. Although this particular car was limited to 100, we expect the majority of the trackside versions to exceed the production quantities of the Owners Elite. It is also not planned to produce the trackside versions as Raced Win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts