Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun and to mess with him, i would like to just say Happy Birthday. He was hoping that we were going to get to go fishing today but in between my busy schedule for today and plus add in the rain, it didnt happen. i know he is about to head back out offshore soon adn with all that has been going on with him i figured he needed a lil pick me up.

:cooldude: :congrats: :nahnah: :fart: :moon:

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Thanks guys! Eric, I owe you one! :fart: Ole man, well someone's got it right! Can't say it has really been a happy one. I will say my wife did think about me, Took me out to eat dinner at a new Greek restraunt, which I must say was very good! Then she gave me a card that had a picture of my birthday present in it. QVC was a little late on the delivery date so I won't be getting my display cabinet in until maybe next week. I on the other hand had the grand annoucement made today that I won't be returning to work anytime soon. I thought I was finally thru with the DR.'s and would be going back to work this week, Well I found out that I have a vertabrae in my neck that has shifted and is pressing against my spinal cord. I was told I will need surgury and that if I happen to get in a bad rear end accident or take a blow to the back of my head or neck I could be paralized. So as for getting OLD, Yep, It sucks! guess it could be worse but it sure wasn't the news I wanted to hear today. But Thanks for the thoughts guys, It was a pick me upper!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
Happy B-Day Larkin. :thumbup:

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Happy birthday Larkin! Hoping for a successfull surgery and a speedy recovery here!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Happy B-Day Bud!!!!!!! Sorry for the email earlier, we are still Bud's Right!!!!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Oh yea!! That's why I sent the reply! Not offended, just pointing out why I can't support that!! Wish it would work! I don't won't to pay the higher gas prices any more than anyone else does!!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Hope everything oes well with your spine, that's a extremely dangerous thing to deal with!!!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Thanks! I will be getting a second opinion first but it looks pretty certain that something will need to be done. I can't say I'm not nervous about it. Frankly at this point I must say this is probably one of the scariest decisions I have ever had to make. I don't want to have some Dr. cutting on my neck but I don't want to end up paralized either. At this point I'm just saying my prayers and letting most of my worries lay in the Lords hands. :angel:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts