1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That IS very sweet. I like it!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I hope it wasn't someone from here! That is a crappy custom! look at all the orange bleed thru where it is suppose to be white. I don't know what the problem is with orange bleeding thru the white but Harvick cars for some reason seem to be the worst about that problem. I have two customs that were done for me by members of TCL and both of them are far better than this 1/18th!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I didn't look at it real close. Just glanced but thought it was a sweet idea. Kinda like Mellos Chrome Custom of that car.
If you can't/don't wanna spend the money for the 1/24, and don't wanna save the wrappers, eat the candy, send the form and write the check (get the point? LOL!), that is the way to go, in a different scale no less. Very cool idea.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Cool idea yes! Just didn't turn out like he was probably hoping it would. Can't say he didn't try! Hopefully I'll get something figured out about that white decal problem so I can get some customs done te be correct for my collection. That makes three now that I would like to have done on the orange base color but until the decal Manuf.'s fix the problem I'm not going to have another one made for now.

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
fishin4cars said:
Cool idea yes! Just didn't turn out like he was probably hoping it would. Can't say he didn't try! Hopefully I'll get something figured out about that white decal problem so I can get some customs done te be correct for my collection. That makes three now that I would like to have done on the orange base color but until the decal Manuf.'s fix the problem I'm not going to have another one made for now.
I've heard some guys that make customs use two sets of decals so that they double bump the white and the problem that you describe doesn't happen.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
fishin4cars said:
What would keep them from moving during application?
put one down and let it dry in place and then put the other on top and let it dry and then clearcoat.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The white bleed through problem is a total pain. I have first hand experience with it. The Reeses Cookies car that I done for Larkin looked great until he got it in the mail and white bled through. Not sure what the problem is but I think on the next one I will use 2 sets and try it that way. I looked at that Custom close and didn't think it was that good either. Hopefully I can get one out here in a few weeks for you guys to check out.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
The 1/18th that started this is the worse example I have seen of it. The reeses cookie you did DP was the second best one I have had a chance to lay eyes on. Hopefully that little setback can be figured out. I was kind of hoping to get some input from Billy to see if he may any additional info to share on this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts