Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INDIANAPOLIS — This was a chase, but not for NASCAR's championship.
After the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard on Sunday, on the infield of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, an angry Kevin Harvick led four reporters on a veritable road course snaking through trailers and ending on a golf cart.

Finally, Harvick paused to talk about his two-car slam dance with race winner Tony Stewart, a run-in that left Harvick worse for the wear. It damaged his left-front fender and started his free fall from first to seventh place in the race's final 10 laps.

Harvick, who won the Brickyard in 2003, wasn't happy about how Stewart won the race for the second time in three years.

"He's always the first one to whine about people not giving him enough room," Harvick said. "I gave him plenty of room all day to race, and he winds up knocking my left front fender off. We wound up finishing seventh. It is what it is. Just race them how they race you."

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i had to go back and watch the end of the race again and if anything Stewart didnt touch his left side. I am not tryin to take sides on this because i am a fan of both drivers, but i didnt see what he was talking about. the only hit i saw would have been on Harvicks rights side after he went up the track and hit Stewarts left side, but it looked like they just rubbed tires. IDK

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
It actually looked to me like Harvick hit Stewart, but I'm probably not right.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
selby92 said:
It actually looked to me like Harvick hit Stewart, but I'm probably not right.
thats the same thing i saw. but once again this is where they put the mic in front of them before they are able to see the tape to tell the tale.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That and they don't give them a chance to let the adrenilin subside. Tony and Kevin are great friends, so I am sure that they are not mad at each other now. The true competitor in each of them causes the mouth to run, when the competition gets heated.
The damn media is just too overbearing anymore. I love the access we have to NASCAR now compared to how it used to be, but they put way too much stuff under the microscope. I guess when you have 24hrs and 7 days of coverage vs. the old days when it was Sunday beginning an hour before the race and ending when the race was over, you need fodder for the people.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I agree Fighter, if they would let the drivers relax then I believe that they would calm down and things would be said differently. Allthought I do love watching drivers argue and beat and bang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts