Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hoff
1,190 Posts
Thats insane... How does 1 person get AT LEAST 4 of these, when the production run is only 36? Wish I had some hookups like that...

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats insane... How does 1 person get AT LEAST 4 of these, when the production run is only 36? Wish I had some hookups like that...
I wish I knew, and also wish I had there hookups. Same seller also had an Okuma car recently.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
what's more insane is people keep paying and basically encouraging assholes like this...make him eat a few...I've never needed a piece that badly..he wants that much for them...he can melt them down for gold...

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I bought that truck. Did i pay a lot, probably. But its for me and its not going anywhere so thats why i was willing to pay a little more for it. Also only 36 made, not like I'm going to find one at my local flea market next week.

·
Premium Member
10,762 Posts
$275 plus shipping that is :crazy: and people are paying it. Nuts if you as me.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
That guy must work at the gift shop, or live right there.

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
What's so great about this and the other Okuma car everyone is talking about ?
Just cause production was low or was it raced win or did he win the truck series last year?
I'm outta the loop and that's alot of $$ for a diecast to me.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
what's more insane is people keep paying and basically encouraging assholes like this...make him eat a few...I've never needed a piece that badly..he wants that much for them...he can melt them down for gold...

I know we have been down this road before ...but I still cant understand why the guy is such an asshole ?? sure i would love to have gotten one for 40 or 50 bucks but seems like eveyone who paid that money was pretty happy to have one ...myself included......if that person wasent selling those trucks.... myself and all the others here wouldnt have had the opportunity to own one ....im 100% sure that this particular piece will never see "normal" prices ...its only north from here ....get em while you can !..........to each their own .

·
Ohio State and Nascar Nut
622 Posts
[MENTION=2456]harvickfan2910[/MENTION]
Good buy. I have one myself. Great looking piece.
Sure it was expensive, but I would rather have this one piece than 5 regular issued pieces.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I know we have been down this road before ...but I still cant understand why the guy is such an asshole ?? sure i would love to have gotten one for 40 or 50 bucks but seems like eveyone who paid that money was pretty happy to have one ...myself included......if that person wasent selling those trucks.... myself and all the others here wouldnt have had the opportunity to own one ....im 100% sure that this particular piece will never see "normal" prices ...its only north from here ....get em while you can !..........to each their own .
ok...so here's the fllip side of this...if that asshole wasn't buying them all up and cornering the market...but since he took them off the market before you even had a chance you paid way more than you should have...and worse yet, the vendors who took the initial risk to get them...only got retail for them...

if he bought one...and then chose to get rid of it, that's different...when you buy up 4/5 of 36...you are an ass...that's my unwaivering view of it.

at the turn of the Civil war there was a group known as speculators that wreaked havock on the financial institutions buying up all sorts of cheap stock only to flip it on the companies for big cash...the investors nor the company got the money, the speculators did...and in the end it destroyed much of the early industry in the south...fat cash.

·
Living Crazy
4,959 Posts
I think that is a little high priced for me. Sweet truck and I would love one but not for me right now at that price.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
For arguments sake.....what if that seller were the person that ordered them all and took the initial risk on them?
Just speculation on my part, but so is saying they were not.
We don't know,so why call people names?
really? JUST REALLY? come on man...you aren't that blind are you? I realize it's just you defending something you take full advantage of regularly and that's fine...your side, my side...but seriously? quite the stretch...I simply think it's bushleague to jack people over...always will...and that's all that's happening here.

·
622 Posts
I know it's a stretch, that's why I stated for arguments sake. I have the ability to look at both sides of the table and not throw my biased opinion on everything.
Please let me know by example where I take advantage of something like buying up all of the pieces and cornering the market and selling for a high profit.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I know it's a stretch, that's why I stated for arguments sake. I have the ability to look at both sides of the table and not throw my biased opinion on everything.
Please let me know by example where I take advantage of something like buying up all of the pieces and cornering the market and selling for a high profit.
if you consider countering anything I have to say..sure I'd consider that
'seeing' both sides...laugh my ass off...at least I can openly admit I have an opinion 180 degrees from yours...spare me the high and mighty path...you are fooling yourself...not those around you.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ok...so here's the fllip side of this...if that asshole wasn't buying them all up and cornering the market...but since he took them off the market before you even had a chance you paid way more than you should have...and worse yet, the vendors who took the initial risk to get them...only got retail for them...

if he bought one...and then chose to get rid of it, that's different...when you buy up 4/5 of 36...you are an ass...that's my unwaivering view of it.

at the turn of the Civil war there was a group known as speculators that wreaked havock on the financial institutions buying up all sorts of cheap stock only to flip it on the companies for big cash...the investors nor the company got the money, the speculators did...and in the end it destroyed much of the early industry in the south...fat cash.

this is yet another piece that we "regular guys" shouldnt own in the frist place .....it was made for khi and some of the kroger executives to commemorate the 2 truck winning the owners championship........selling a car like this is a far cry from buying up all the stock of a wholesale peice and jacking the price ....cars ..or trucks like this are what keep our hobby "worth something" when the time comes that we need or want to sell.

you all know my stance on this issue.....so im not gonna get in another pissing match.....my bladder is all dried up....for now :suspious:

·
622 Posts
It's not a counter just for you. It's for everyone on the forum who chooses to read it.
My opinion is not hidden anywhere.
I just asked a " what if" before I toss out statements against people or situations.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts