Diecast Crazy Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvicx Daytona Win...

661 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  FFighter_21 
#1 ·
I have a Harvick Daytona Win auto'd in the specially designed box by Kevin from the Harvick Fan Club.
I'd sell it for $100.00 shipped. If interested make me an offer.

#4 ·
I hope I don't ruffle any feathers, cause this is not intended to offend anybody, but it seems like hardly anybody around here will buy a car that is over $20.00-$30.00. Some cars are more expensive than Winners Circle cars that are available in the left over bins guys! I haven't sold a car on here yet for what it's worth, or even close. It either has to darn near be given away, or no one even asks about it, or makes a counter offer. Just a little frustrated I guess....hope I didn't piss anybody off, just had to get that off of my chest. Nothing personal intended. Accept my apologies ahead of time, Please!

#5 ·
Ken,

I understand your frustration. But a lot of people are in a similar situation. This is a hobby and because of that, only expendable money goes toward it. Also, I'm sure that many people already have what you're offering. Also people want the 'new' stuff because most already have the older stuff. I know I was interested in a few things you had, but it was nothing I needed, therefore, I wasn't willing to spend much. If it was something really, really wanted instead of just being interested in it, I would've made a deal. Sorry that you haven't had much success, but you have to look at it from other people's view as well. Maybe ebay or getting a table at a card/diecast show would be best for you.

#6 ·
Your right, I just had to vent a little. Everyone here has been great, and your also right, it's the new stuff people want.
I just have run into a few who could squeeze a nickle until George shits pennies and then after you offer to darn near give it to them, it still ain't low enough. I know who they are and I will just take them w/a grain of salt.
I used to do a lot of die-cast shows, but they are few and far between now and usually only in the fall.
The Bay is just as bad cause there is always someone out there w/a crap load of cars dumping the stuff so it's hard to get the real value from what you have. I feel better now, and hope I didn't upset anybody. This is a GREAT place and I wouldn't trade it for any others

#7 ·
fighter,
i agree. right now, k-mart got in a shipment of 1/24 winners circle scale cars. first since last christmas. earnharts, jarretts toyota, stewart, gordon, etc.
price: 24.99 each plus 5% sales tax. they sell. when you can get a 1/32 scale elite from the club on special for $15.00. or many other cars on sale for 30 to 50 dollars.
and you've (fighter) offered items cheaper than most stores, and much better quality. but, i've the same situation. people wil pay 25.00 for a cheap piece of diecast from k-mart in winners circle, with unlimited quantities. but, won't give you $20.00 for a terry labonte ironman car limited to 5000.

it goes against reason. that's why i resorted to other diecast to make up for losses, the nascar is just lost. what people won't pay for is worthless. and worthless here, where i live anyway, is trash, unless you donate it. but i'm not willing to spend more money transporting items i've already lost every penny on for nothing. i've a dumpster 10 feet from where it's stored. that's the cheapest way to get rid of things people won't buy. and find another item they will to make up the difference. people will pay $150.00 for 1 johnny lightning white lightning 1/64 scale diecast. but not 30.00 for a limited piece of nascar with only 120 produced.

luckily, i've advertised locally and found people willing to buy nascar. but, online, it isn't going to happen.

#8 ·
Yeah, it's really frustrating. Like the Sr. IMHoF 1/16 sheetmetal car. RCCA is/or was selling them for $75.00 and I offered mine up at least twice and asked each time for best offer if I was too high.
I have seen on other boards people buying them, and never even said a word to me.
Go figure. I will give it to a friend first! At least I know he will appreciate it!
The thing locally isn't any better. When I had my shop, people would go to another shop where die-cast was just a sideline, or the two GM Dealers and pay more for the same car than they would from me. I never could figure that one out.

#9 ·
Thanks so much for the offer Taz, I completely understand the Fantasy car deal. I am pretty much the same way w/very few exceptions. I would like to take you up on your offer, but I can't go any lower than $75.00 shipped, I am losing my arse on it as it is.
Like I said before, I would rather give it away, and I have the perfect guy in mind to give it to.
Again, thanks so much for the offer. It's nice to see someone wants to at least try to deal a little.
Much appreciated!

#10 ·
tazmania2329 said:
ok i will take it for $75.00 shipped..but if you can atleast hold it for a week or 2 then i will pay by pay pal..i just have to take care of another bill first..let me know thanks..
That's fine. I don't want to think I pressured you into this. Like I said, I'll give it to a friend. I don't want you buying something for more than you wanna spend.
It's safe and sound, packed up and in the closet.
When the cash hits the Pay-Pal account, it will go out USPS. Thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.