Foy you and everybody who reads this. I've send plenty of cars off for drivers to sign, and have gotten them all back. But follow these simple instructions.
1. Take your car out of it's packaging that you want them to sign. Most drivers, it's a 24th scale, will only sign the box if you send it with the car inside.
2. Take the car, put it inside of the box, the one that will be returned to your house after signing. Make sure that you have enough postage to cover the shipping. If not, they will most likely not cover the excess postage and now your out a car. The box that I use is the FLAT RATE SHIPPING. After you have your car in it, with packaging, make your return label from the race shop to you, and put it in the box.
3. Take another bigger box, and put the smaller box inside of it. Make sure that you take a newspaper or something with you to the post office. Fill out the shipping label from you to the race team, and head to the post office.
4. At the post office, have them weigh the return box and put the postage on the box. Then you put that box inside of the bigger box with the return address label. After you've done that, put the newspaper around the box that's inside the box, seal it up, put on the shipping label, and have them do that postage then.
5. Then sit back and wait for your car to return. MWR drivers shouldn't be that long of a wait. It you do Earnhardt Jr, Gordon and some of the bigger name drivers, it will be a while before you get it back.
The fastest return that i've gotten back was Robby Gordon. Returned in a week.
Good luck and post p[ics of your treasure when you get it back.
I've never sent any diecasts or anything out to a race shop before to be signed but i have a couple i'd like to get autographed so i was thinking about sending them out but i'm not sure the best way to go about doing it and what i'll need to include other than whichever cars i send. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone