Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
On 3-3-12 (three weeks ago), I made a trade with @zach_oh_mi for 14ish Kyle Busch trading cards. He told me that if I would get him my address by the end of that day, he would get them out that night... which I did. I sent my cards to him on 3-6-12 (the Tuesday after we made the deal).

I waited until 3-14/3-15 to send him a private message regarding the fact that I haven't received my cards in the mail and he should have his by now. He responded on 3-15 to inform me that:

"Im so sorry. Im in the military and weve been in the field for the last 2 weeks. Whats ur address and ill get them sent out tomarrow. Again im so sorry for the wait and no reply"

Which is understandable.. so I once again resent him my address.. and he hasn't logged on since 3-15-12 at 12:51AM.. one minute after he sent the PM about wanting my address.

EDIT: And during the time that he was in the field, I noticed that he was logging onto the forum which doesn't make this situation any better.

I am very understandable about delays because of situations, but he never mentioned to me that he wasn't going to be able to send them right away. two weeks ago from 3/15 would have been 3/1, two days before we made our deal. Had I known that my cards wouldn't have been sent for almost a month now, I wouldn't have send the cards to him until I knew my cards had been sent. I understand that he has been in the field and that's fine.. but the fact that he asked for my address (again) and didn't log back on to get it to mail.. irritates me.

I understand that they are just trading cards and nothing of signifcant value, but it's the princaple of the matter. Like I said.. I understand his reasoning.. but it's disappointing to get the "shaft" for a month. So, I guess I'm SOL out of my cards and the cards I was trading for. Live and learn..

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I've been a month and a half waiting for a hero card trade from [MENTION=3218]Petty43Fan[/MENTION],if that makes you feel any better.He got his card,and hasn't logged on since...

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Did you guys make transaction agreements?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Why someone would be so dishonest and deceiving over a few cards is beyond me. Hopefully, he'll get your cards sent out to you once the guilt starts to set in.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Sorry to here this, but your story is yet another reason while transaction agreements are a must for any kind of deals here at DCZ.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
Come on you guys!How many more times is it going to take for you guys to learn to do a transaction agreement first before you send money or product or both.It isnt rocket science.It is a transaction agreement.

As DCZ continues to grow and the influx of new members come and go you definitely need to take the proper steps to protect yourself.The moderators do there best to combat the trouble makers.But you the members are the first and last line of defense in every transaction you conduct on DCZ!Due diligence!

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to here this, but your story is yet another reason while transaction agreements are a must for any kind of deals here at DCZ.
I don't see how having a TA would change anything. I didn't make one since they are trading cards, didn't think someone would rip me off over them. Guess that's what I get for trusting someone.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on you guys!How many more times is it going to take for you guys to learn to do a transaction agreement first before you send money or product or both.It isnt rocket science.It is a transaction agreement.

As DCZ continues to grow and the influx of new members come and go you definitely need to take the proper steps to protect yourself.The moderators do there best to combat the trouble makers.But you the members are the first and last line of defense in every transaction you conduct on DCZ!Due diligence!

So, it's my fault? Having a TA doesn't change anything. Yes, a TA would be good if I bought them from him because I'd have proof to get my money back from Paypal.. but in this case, it doesn't anything. I'm just bringing to light that I got ripped off and now I am pretty much being told it's my fault because I didn't do a TA.

I did a deal with @gordonsmith for trading cards without a TA.. and got them in super quick time. Having a TA doesn't "protect" or change anything in regards to a trade. All that a TA does for a trade is give you their word - pretty much - which I got the same thing via PM. Having a TA or not.. doesn't change anything.

EDIT: I was just trying to bring this situation to light and let everyone know that may have had a deal with him, or maybe it would bring him online and either send my cards back or send the cards we traded for. Now, I'm pretty much being knocked and told it's my fault because I don't have a transacation agreement. That's fantastic.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
[MENTION=2751]Matthew18[/MENTION] I never said it was your fault.I just said :How many more times is it going to take for you guys to learn to do a transaction agreement first before you send money or product or both.It isnt rocket science.It is a transaction agreement.

You arent the first you wont be the last that hasnt completed a transaction agreement.All I am saying is the more due diligance you due the more time you have to think if is something is wrong.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I do a transaction agreement with any and all transactions I do... I like the feedback :wink:

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Believe I wasnt trying to pick on anybody.The statement was a general statement.I guess I touched a nerve.I will be quiet and crawl back in my whole till next week.LOL!

When I made a post explaining how I got the raw end of a deal and four people decide to point out the importance of having a transacation agreement, it's kind of hard not to look at like how people are saying it's your own fault.

The bottom line is: It doesn't fix anything. Nothing is going to fix this. He hasn't been back online since he asked for my address - for the second time - which makes it pretty clear that he has no plans to send them. I don't want a fix or to be explained why I transacation agreement three weeks ago would have helped. I didn't make this post (or the other after this was moved) to have an "unnecessary rant" or "me vs the world chip on my shoulder". I made the post to explain the situation that I had going on with hopes that maybe it would draw him out and if anyone besides me had this issue with him, they'd speak up.

I understand what you were saying, but four people saying how I pretty much messed up.. doesn't help anything. The first person got the point across, there isn't any reason to be told four times how I messed up three weeks ago. I get it. I'm sorry if I came across as someone with a "me vs the world" chip on my shoulder by explaining the situation and sorry if this is an "unnecessary rant", just explaining my situation. That was all.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
@Believe I wasnt trying to pick on anybody.The statement was a general statement.I guess I touched a nerve.I will be quiet and crawl back in my whole till next week.LOL!
How do you crawl in a whole?! You are right though its not hard and doesnt take much time to do one and like [MENTION=3098]Racin'[/MENTION] said about the feedback that can help determine if you want to deal with a person or not. I got a few 1/64's the other day and I asked for a TA just for the feedback so people are able to see that I take care of deals in a timely manner.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How do you crawl in a whole?! You are right though its not hard and doesnt take much time to do one and like @Racin' said about the feedback that can help determine if you want to deal with a person or not. I got a few 1/64's the other day and I asked for a TA just for the feedback so people are able to see that I take care of deals in a timely manner.
I understand the importance of a transacation agreement. Hindsight is 20/20. I can't go back to three weeks ago and start a transacation agreement though.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
ok people I know Ron started this... it's spelt: Hole not Whole! LoL

edit: sorry Ron, I see you edited it before I posted :biggrin:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I don't see how having a TA would change anything. I didn't make one since they are trading cards, didn't think someone would rip me off over them. Guess that's what I get for trusting someone.
Matthew, you are correct. A TA would not change anything, nor would it help you get your cards. However, what it does provide is proof that an agreement was made (and a date) for a trade, and it provides accountability for the other party. Members who rip other members off face a ban from the site, and while I understand that doesn't help you (and I am truly sorry for that) it does help us protect other members from getting ripped off.

We are not blaming you for anything; however, it is part of the TOS of making deals on this site. I just sold 4 cars to members that I have dealt with repeatedly, and I made TA's for all four deals. Even though I trust all four implicitly and they likely trust me, I made the TA's because those are the rules for doing business on this site.

If someone will rip you off for a few cards, they may rip someone else off for a few hundred dollars. It's not the size of a single transaction that counts-- it's protecting the integrity of the site and keeping people like you and everyone else from having issues like this in the first place.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts