Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love NC my best friend moved from here to go to Nascar Tech. Institute. I went there to visit him and it was the best.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
You know, it was bad enough when people posted that they were going away for a few days every time they went on a trip. Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is one of the most useless threads on TCL ever??? I mean, you weren't even gone for a full freaking day.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
If I posted every time I went to Concord I'd have a full page by myself. I agree with spool.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Amen..... :sleepy:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Temper temper-- the point here is that being gone for one day is not big news. Just take it as constructive criticism and move on, that's all.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
My post was not "smart ass"-- not like the "Kiss off" post that you quickly edited. Tread lightly Nick, because you are pissing more than a few people off here. Again.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Nick said:
Listen !!

I dont know what your deal is with me man , and i dont care . BUT what i do care about is getting treated FAIRLY on the boards just like every other person . Its like you and TCL think that im a robot and can talk to me anyway yall want to . You wanna know something ?? If i talked to ppl like that my butt would be banned again . So frankly i dont like the fact that everyone can get away with talking to me like that and i cant say my part to defend myself in return . I look at it like this :

If in Iraq the Iraqi soldiers came and started shooting rounds at our US troops and they didnt have guns to shoot back at them ... would that be FAIR ??
Nick, you talk about being treated fairly, but you're the one who goes off calling people names and making senseless posts. I am not the only one who gets pissed off and annoyed at you, and I have NOT attacked you. I am serving you notice, out in the open once and for all, DO NOT PM me ever again. PERIOD. For any reason. You have a bad habit of calling people names and making statements that piss people off-- why else do you think you have been banned numerous times. You claim to be 24 but you act like you're 12. I thought you may have grown up a little, but obviously I was wrong. Based on posts from other members on the board in the last few days, other PM's I've received, and stuff I've read in the chat, t looks like you are on track to be banned again. If you seem to have a problem with lots of people continuously, the problem probably isn't with everyone else. It's time for you to take a look in the mirror bud.

Why is it the ONLY person on the board that I don't like is you?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
we have went over this type of thing before, where people were saying they are going to be gone for a day. it is one thing when you are going to be gone for a week or more but when you are going out of town for one day, going to the store or going to the bathroom we dont need an update. Hell Larkin has been gone for more than a week and he hasnt posted the first thing. im not jumping you personally, but do you really need to know that I am going to my grandmothers today and I will be back this afternoon? NO. do i need to make 2 seperate post over it, one to say im back and another to say what i found today? NO. all we are saying is use your head sometimes. its not a personal attack, its just more than what is needed.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I posted it because I am sick of your PM's, I am sick of your posts, and I am sick of you.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
we have went over this type of thing before, where people were saying they are going to be gone for a day. it is one thing when you are going to be gone for a week or more but when you are going out of town for one day, going to the store or going to the bathroom we dont need an update. Hell Larkin has been gone for more than a week and he hasnt posted the first thing. im not jumping you personally, but do you really need to know that I am going to my grandmothers today and I will be back this afternoon? NO. do i need to make 2 seperate post over it, one to say im back and another to say what i found today? NO. all we are saying is use your head sometimes. its not a personal attack, its just more than what is needed.
Well said Joker could have not said it better! Can't we all just get along can't we all just be friends here at TCL?

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Ok time for my 2 cents....Nick...no offense but shut up...You should know Spool by now he will go on until he wins or drives you insane. Sometimes it's pure fun watching you fight back of stupid crap and not being a man and just ignoring it. Think of how many times Spool is a "smart ass" to others including me and we just go one without fighting. Given I can speak for myself when I say I have gotten Spool some good times with my own smart ass comments. Also I am much like him annoying posts drive me bonkers difference is he's vocal about it I just ignore it until I feel I must get involved. Now why don't we just let this post go to waste and stop fighting like preschoolers do?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Me... a smart ass? Say it isn't so!!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
But only when it is justified, and required. And then, I do what I must do!!!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Ok, I'm very late to this because I've been kind of abstaining from making a comment, but I feel I must.

I'm kind of a lurker on here. I don't post a whole lot. It's either because I don't care about that particular subject or I just don't have an opinion that will further the topic. I'm not here defending Nick, nor attacking anyone else. This is just what I see. If you don't like the topic or it doesn't interest you... why not just move on and ignore it? I do this to many topics here. I have no interest in wrestling, so I stay out of that forum. When I see a new post, i'll initially check it out, but if it's not something that interests me, I'll mark it read from now on and move on.

I don't like the talk of "you shouldn't be posting this or that," because that lessens discussion on here, not improves it. If what someone posts doesn't interest you, ignore it and move on. If you have a problem with someone, take it to PM. No need to make it a public argument and have people taking sides. I've seen this on other forums, nothing good comes from it.

It all stems from, 'If you can't say anything nice..." I think if people exercised that more often, many problems could be avoided.

I don't know what it is about this particular forum, but there seems to be a lot of fighting. I've been a moderator on other boards and a member of about a dozen other boards and I've never seen these kinds of problems. Maybe it's the kind of people that don't know how to take a joke (or how to recognize one) or there's some true cruelty. I don't know.

Again this isn't pointed at any one person and I'm not defending anyone either. This is just my observation from the time I've been here. Now there is a lot of good on this site. Many great diecast discussions and lots of information on diecasts and other subjects. I do enjoy coming here and reading what you guys have to say and occassionally chimming in, but it's not always fun reading threads like these. These kinds of threads can be avoided on two levels: Not furthering negative comments or not reading it at all.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I disagree-- I don't think there's a lot of fighting here, but I do think this board has character, more than any other board that I frequent, and that's what makes it unique. There are a lot of individuals here that have strong personalities and the opinions that go with them, which is what makes this board what it is. That is why the original WC board got shut down, because their moderators couldn't handle that. Racer and Geebi allow us to express those pinions, which is what makes this place so great. However, it is one thing to ignore a series of topics that you don't like (i.e. wrestling) because you never go there. I agree, because I can't stand wrestling, and I never venture into that area of the board myself. It's quite another, though, when there are two or three threads about the same thing in an area of the board I am in all the time, especially when someone has to broadcast that they'll be gone to the bathroom for 15 minutes so I need to know in case I might miss them. As stated earlier, Larkin is offshore and has been gone for about a week or so, and he didn't feel the need to post it because it's not important-- this isn't a place where we need to tell everyone the minute details of our personal lives. If everyone posted a thread that they were going to the store today, and then posted one when they got back, whether they found something or not, how the hell would we be able to weed any worthwhile information out of all the clutter???

I don't think there's any cruelty here, but there is history that I don't think you are aware of.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I understand what you're saying and I can appreciate it, but I don't like the idea of 'censoring' anyone. I think people should use self-restraint. And by not reading or not replying to the post, that person will eventually get the idea that no one cares and will stop doing it (hopefully this will happen, no guarantee). Not exactly the same thing, but think of a newspaper. If no one buys it, it will stop printing.

I also hear the word "unnecessary" in referring to this post and others. No one has explained what a "necessary" post is.

I'm a free speech advocate, so the idea of anyone's voice to be surpressed just doesn't feel right to me. I think everyone should be heard, no matter how unpopular the view.

As for the cruelty aspect. Some of it really comes out as nasty. Perhaps it's not meant to be, but it appears that way. You, me and others also frequent the Diecast Warriors site and I don't notice the same things. But I guess that is a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kspool said:
I disagree-- I don't think there's a lot of fighting here, but I do think this board has character, more than any other board that I frequent, and that's what makes it unique. There are a lot of individuals here that have strong personalities and the opinions that go with them, which is what makes this board what it is. That is why the original WC board got shut down, because their moderators couldn't handle that. Racer and Geebi allow us to express those pinions, which is what makes this place so great. However, it is one thing to ignore a series of topics that you don't like (i.e. wrestling) because you never go there. I agree, because I can't stand wrestling, and I never venture into that area of the board myself. It's quite another, though, when there are two or three threads about the same thing in an area of the board I am in all the time, especially when someone has to broadcast that they'll be gone to the bathroom for 15 minutes so I need to know in case I might miss them. As stated earlier, Larkin is offshore and has been gone for about a week or so, and he didn't feel the need to post it because it's not important-- this isn't a place where we need to tell everyone the minute details of our personal lives. If everyone posted a thread that they were going to the store today, and then posted one when they got back, whether they found something or not, how the hell would we be able to weed any worthwhile information out of all the clutter???

I don't think there's any cruelty here, but there is history that I don't think you are aware of.
well actually he hasnt been offshore, its just his computer is down and can barely get on with his back up. he still hasnt gone back due to the last surgery and he will soon be back on full time on here as soon as he can find out why his computer crashed. but still he never posted that he was going to be gone for any length of time. when he would leave for offshore, he usually added it in another post as a side note or in the chat box.

·
Banned
0 Posts
taterracing said:
I understand what you're saying and I can appreciate it, but I don't like the idea of 'censoring' anyone. I think people should use self-restraint. And by not reading or not replying to the post, that person will eventually get the idea that no one cares and will stop doing it (hopefully this will happen, no guarantee). Not exactly the same thing, but think of a newspaper. If no one buys it, it will stop printing.

I also hear the word "unnecessary" in referring to this post and others. No one has explained what a "necessary" post is.

I'm a free speech advocate, so the idea of anyone's voice to be surpressed just doesn't feel right to me. I think everyone should be heard, no matter how unpopular the view.

As for the cruelty aspect. Some of it really comes out as nasty. Perhaps it's not meant to be, but it appears that way. You, me and others also frequent the Diecast Warriors site and I don't notice the same things. But I guess that is a matter of opinion.
Time for my two cents.  I could've stayed out of this but felt at least something was worth posting... Everyone does  have more freedom here than any other  board...I still have a problem with the backlash because as tater said the Diecast Warriors board doesn't have that type of attitude.  Granted TCL is much more active I have always wanted a little more unity amongst everyone.  There's one thing I can't have being in my position that everyone else basically can and that is favoritism but if I wanted to go through every single thread and let's say delete what I deemed is wasted forum space over half the topics would  be gone or merged into other ones.  I'm not going to do that though.  I built this and pay for  this and I deem the majority of posts that aren't 'real' spam or derogoratory posts fit to be here.  Anyone who takes the role of deciding what shouldn't be posted isn't doing anything but stirring up trouble. In the past Nick has gotten upset when no one responded to his posts so let me ask you guys something.  What difference is posting your beliefs that posts are useless and making the whole community look bad and getting Nick upset at the same time or merely ignoring the post...leaving no bad taste about TCL and still upsetting Nick for being ignored?  I think the latter is a better option.  I won't take any sides on this issue because I know Nick...and the problems we have had before but I wanted to at least post what I thought would be a better alternative than targeting every post. Ignore them! I'm not locking this thread  because over the last 3 years I hope to have become someone that can be debated with to ultimately find a solution and I encourage anyone who disagrees to post their reasoning.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
I don't know how to post this and not sound wrong. But here it goes...This group is "united" no matter what we all stand together in the end...Some of fight..alot..some of us never fight...and some of us fight with our friends on occasion. But once a fight starts everyone jumps into a take it elsewhere attitude. Well...that doesn't solve anything usually. Most of us have been around with Nick most of us can't stand him...but see we all know he's got a good spot in him (at least i do). I don't even know if this post makes sense but I honestly don't care. I don't want this board to be "perfect" or without "fighting" that takes away the excitementand in the end some of the unity we speak of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts