Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PYRO CraZy
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this on their announcement board:

NEW FOR 2012!

ALL RACED WIN ELITE DIE-CAST PURCHASES WILL BE GIVEN A FREE T-SHIRT OF YOUR DRIVERS RACED WIN T-SHIRT PRODUCED BY MOTORSPORTS AUTHENTICS. (size XL only)

A $10 CANCELLATION FEE WILL BE CHARGED TO AN ORDER CANCELLED PRIOR TO SHIPPING.

I think that's a pretty cool deal!!!

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Not if you don't wear an XL

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
thanks sincerely for the heads up...but I have to laugh at the 'free' part...didn't they eliminate cases from last year and keep the price the same? Anyways, gimmicky sales concept, and probably like some folks already mentioned, guess I'd rather save ten bucks and decide if I wanted a shirt or the correct size...nothing against you or the post flames...just tossing a couple cents into the convo.

·
0 Posts
Car, Styrobox, lower price point, done. No frills, no trinkets, no extras to justify paying more $$. Besides, too easy to get pit stains. :tease: :happy:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Not interested in the t-shirt.
Don't care about the new box.
I think the cancellation fee is a great idea-- will cut down on the speculators.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
Do I jump up and down in excitement now???

RCCA is going to lose their shirts, when people stop pre-ordering raced wins.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Do I jump up and down in excitement now???

RCCA is going to lose their shirts, when people stop pre-ordering raced wins.
HAAAAA....NICE PLAY ON WORDS :wink: they'll lose their shirts either way GFAAWWWW....LOL HAAAA....oh...OK...back to browsing...

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Not my size.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Cancellation fee is great idea, although I think exceptions should be made but if that eliminates the speculators then its great. Should lead to lower numbers and more collectability. I know we get stuck with hundreds of cars per year (partly our own fault for ordering too many cars) from peopel who want a car, we order for them , then they back out. If that happens once to 100 dealers then there are 100 too many cars made.

Scott

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
I think the $10 cancellation fee is a great idea.
Once it's ordered, should be considered sold.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
All this will do is piss off the people who don't wear XL or who don't know anyone to give it to.

I thought the actual confetti from victory lane was a pretty cool idea, but the tshirt thing is stupid.

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
All this will do is piss off the people who don't wear XL or who don't know anyone to give it to.

I thought the actual confetti from victory lane was a pretty cool idea, but the tshirt thing is stupid.
Actual confetti from victory lane would be awesome.

·
PYRO CraZy
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its just a T-Shirt folks. No need to go crazy. Use it to wash the car.
Yeah, sorry, I wear an XL T-shirt ( I can wear a Large as well but as soon as I wash it and put it in the dryer it gets a little too small so I get the XL) so.. I thought it was cool because I never can find a good Nascar T-shirt for under $20 to get shipped to Canada... didn't know I would be so alone on the size and subject... o well.. you live and you learn I guess.

I don't necessarily agree with the new box, nor the price hike, or the raced win display cases for the ARC's from last year (not sure if they are continuing with that this year or not... if someone knows maybe post that information for me as I haven't heard about that yet).. but I think maybe a t-shirt is better than nothing. Now you can look at it as that it's not really free.. but that's like saying.. is the glass half full or half empty?

I'm a "The glass is half full" kind of guy... (waiting for a smart ass remark like.. half full of crap.. hahaha! Yeah I know.. that was too easy wasn't it.:laugh:)

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Cancellation fee is great idea, although I think exceptions should be made but if that eliminates the speculators then its great. Should lead to lower numbers and more collectability. I know we get stuck with hundreds of cars per year (partly our own fault for ordering too many cars) from peopel who want a car, we order for them , then they back out. If that happens once to 100 dealers then there are 100 too many cars made.

Scott
ehh...$10 in the scheme of things isn't that big of a hit for most...and perhaps it will disuade people from impulse ordering and backing out...who really knows. I like the idea personally...also like the idea of dramatically reducing production numbers and I'm sure they could meter it off prior sales reports...can't be too difficult to make estimates +/-5...not to mention if things sell like mad, they could always release a second run for those who REALLY wanted a piece...look at the kahne refresh vs nonrefresh...the nonrefresh still hold value per se for those looking to make a secondary buck or investment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts