Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first i went to Walmart and found only 5 of the American Heros cars, then when i went down the aisle i found the rest of the set hanging on an endcap display. Well then i was shown that there was more on another aisle. When i turned the corner there was all the haulers, 1:87 singles, 9 car set of 1:87 and all the 1:24's. So i guess they took apart the display and decided to scatter it all over the toy aisles. Then after i left Walmart i went to Target and first thing i saw was the hood open 1:24 American Heors cars, 3 car sets of 1:87 and the 1:64 Dale the Movie cars. Surprisingly there was 12 cars on the pegs and it was all 12 in the set. No doubles and no missing pieces to the set. And after all i bought today only the Johnson 1:24 Power of Pride and an extra 1:64 Power of Pride is what i kept for my collection, lol.

American Heors 1:64

American Heros 1:24 and 1:87 Set

Dale the Movie 1:64

·
Registered
564 Posts
Damn looks like you had one helluva day. I found all the Hero Cars today except for the Jr. Camo 1/64th. If you can get another one Joker I would appreciate it. I was also wondering if anybody got the Jr Stars and Stripes from Target. I was talking to Darce and he said the one he picked up for me from Target doesn't have the Bud Logo's on it. The one I found had the Logos and is also on a base. Just wondering.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the Oneal finds.
:thumbup:

I still do not know why the hood on that Gordon car is blue and white instead of blue and blue.
Oh well.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
Well first i went to Walmart and found only 5 of the American Heros cars, then when i went down the aisle i found the rest of the set hanging on an endcap display. Well then i was shown that there was more on another aisle. When i turned the corner there was all the haulers, 1:87 singles, 9 car set of 1:87 and all the 1:24's. So i guess they took apart the display and decided to scatter it all over the toy aisles. Then after i left Walmart i went to Target and first thing i saw was the hood open 1:24 American Heors cars, 3 car sets of 1:87 and the 1:64 Dale the Movie cars. Surprisingly there was 12 cars on the pegs and it was all 12 in the set. No doubles and no missing pieces to the set. And after all i bought today only the Johnson 1:24 Power of Pride and an extra 1:64 Power of Pride is what i kept for my collection, lol.

American Heors 1:64

American Heros 1:24 and 1:87 Set

Dale the Movie 1:64
I may have misunderstood, but did you say Winners Circle cars in 1/24 that the hoods open on? Very cool. I will have to get me some of those.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
DP36 said:
Damn looks like you had one helluva day. I found all the Hero Cars today except for the Jr. Camo 1/64th. If you can get another one Joker I would appreciate it. I was also wondering if anybody got the Jr Stars and Stripes from Target. I was talking to Darce and he said the one he picked up for me from Target doesn't have the Bud Logo's on it. The one I found had the Logos and is also on a base. Just wondering.
your right about the jr stars and stripes i bought mine from target, it does not have the bud logo on it, then i seen the ones in walmart the next day and they have bud on the car and its on the base, guess i need to get that one now. as for the camo target didnt have any left when i got there but walmart has the one on the base with bud on the hood as well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Went to another local Wal-Mart this morning and they had whole Display setup. I picked up a few more and also found the Jr. Camo car there. Even the 1/87ths have the bud logos on them as well. MA sure has stepped up the WC line this year. i give them plenty of credit on that at least. 4th wave of cars we have seen on time here this year. Most we have seen the past 3 years combined.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FFighter_21 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
I may have misunderstood, but did you say Winners Circle cars in 1/24 that the hoods open on? Very cool. I will have to get me some of those.
yep hood open. the only thing with them is the hood open jr cars are youth versions. i think that that was a bad marketing move since people will want the Budweiser cars over the youth versions, the regular cars are 20 and the hood opens are 30.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
That looks like a pretty good diecast day man. Great finds!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Great haul there Joker!! Now come help me out and figure out where we can display all your haul. :rollhappy: Oh by the way, Thanks for hauling off all my money too!!! ;) He finds them I buy them!! well most of them... he did keep a couple!! I do appreciate You Joker! :thumbup: I wouldn't have a large portion of my collection if it wasn't for you!! My wife doesn't :mad: but I do!!!!! :good:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
FFighter_21 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
yep hood open. the only thing with them is the hood open jr cars are youth versions. i think that that was a bad marketing move since people will want the Budweiser cars over the youth versions, the regular cars are 20 and the hood opens are 30.
I don'ty see any pics of the 1/24ths w/hood open. Did you post them? If not could you? Even w/them being youth, I may be interested in them. Thanks! Great haul!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FFighter_21 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
FFighter_21 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
I don'ty see any pics of the 1/24ths w/hood open. Did you post them? If not could you? Even w/them being youth, I may be interested in them. Thanks! Great haul!

i didnt pick any of them up. i was going to buy the Johnson Power of Pride one but then i thought about it, im going to take it out the box and put it in my display case, so why do i pay an extra $10 for a car that im going to close the hood anyway and make it look like the $20 version anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I found most of the American Heroes cars in Madison, WI today. The only ones I didn't find yet are the Jr. Stars & Stripes 1/64 & 1/24 DEI logo cars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts