Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this awhile back super cheap any help iding what year it is from, who is in the print and which track/race is represented in the print.

Thanks

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Sorry I can't help you more, but that's a nice print

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am not sure what track, but I am pretty sure that is the 1984 McLaren MP4-2 of Niki Lauda who won the championship that year. I see what looks like 2 Brabhams in the background..They played with the rear wings a lot back then.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Agreed, Lauda drove that car from 1982-1984. Seems logical that it's him. 1984 was the last year the No. 8 Marlboro car was run.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had seen Niki Lauda and Senna as drivers of the #8 so I figured it would be easier to ask then guess. I am thinking of taking a closer look at this to see how hard it would be to send it to Niki for him to sign it. I read somewhere that he signs quite a bit threw the mail.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I had seen Niki Lauda and Senna as drivers of the #8 so I figured it would be easier to ask then guess. I am thinking of taking a closer look at this to see how hard it would be to send it to Niki for him to sign it. I read somewhere that he signs quite a bit threw the mail.
Oh yeah, another reason I didn't even consider Senna was because the helmet was wrong. I believe Senna wore the same helmet throughout his F1 career.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts