Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a guy going to bring in some cards he found in the attic. he says there from the 50's. about 60 cards. some small cards. any help there? didn't know of any minatures in the 50's.

also includes a mantle and brooks robinson. yet to see condition..

any advice from you guys collecting on a regular basis?

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Any vintage cards pre-1960 in decent shape have a good market. As long as they don't have excessive creasing, writing, marking, or paper loss. Even commons from that era are well collected. If you get them, let me know and I may take them all. 1951 Topps Red Backs and Blue Backs were smaller cards as well as 1950 & 1951 Bowman. 1952-1956 cards were slightly larger than modern cards so you may want to check for trimming if the cards fall in those years. Good luck!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks doger. appreciate the help. i'll know a what i'm looking at.
now have to figure out price i'll pay, after i see condition of the cards. i've got alot of 60's and 70's. but no 50's. so i know about condition. it's just tough to bargain when you've got someone not knowing any values, or actually what they really have, except as he said a mantle and brooks robinson and a bunch of them were "small' cards. wow, what if there's a rookie mantle.
hmmmmmmm?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts