·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Dale3DaleJr88

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
I'd be cool to see some of the past rumored sponsors come in like Visa or Walmart. Or maybe Nationwide would expand to cover most of the year. They can afford it and love Jr.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Although it would be cool to see a new scheme, I hope National Guard stays with the team. It's never good to see a sponsor leave.

Reactions: Dale3DaleJr88

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
I'd be cool to see some of the past rumored sponsors come in like Visa or Walmart. Or maybe Nationwide would expand to cover most of the year. They can afford it and love Jr.
Visa maybe but I would hate to see him in a Walmart paint scheme. My wife use to work there and got injured. She has a ongoing court battle with them, that has been going on for over 2 years now.

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
Hendrick won't have a problem getting a sponsor on the #88. Rumors floated around a few years back about Wal-Mart being on Gordon's car, so maybe they are still interested in Hendrick?

Wal-Mart doesn't really need to advertise. It's sort of a given that people will shop there.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Visa maybe but I would hate to see him in a Walmart paint scheme. My wife use to work there and got injured. She has a ongoing court battle with them, that has been going on for over 2 years now.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it all settles soon. I can imagine a court case for two years would be quite a headache. Personally I'm not apposed to a Walmart scheme because I actually work work them. I work in a cash office at Sam's Club. I know some Walmarts and Sams are bad, but mine works with me when ever I need off, I get paid pretty well for a store, and I get a bonus each year depending how the store does.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it all settles soon. I can imagine a court case for two years would be quite a headache. Personally I'm not apposed to a Walmart scheme because I actually work work them. I work in a cash office at Sam's Club. I know some Walmarts and Sams are bad, but mine works with me when ever I need off, I get paid pretty well for a store, and I get a bonus each year depending how the store does.
They treat you great when you work your butt off for them but get injured and it's a different story. This is a common thing with Walmart and we know several people that this has happens too.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
They treat you great when you work your butt off for them but get injured and it's a different story. This is a common thing with Walmart and we know several people that this has happens too.
I have read the stories before. I haven't seen it personally at my store, but I know it happens.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Walmart would never pull the trigger on advertising nascar. ******** already live there. Guard is probobly out sonce the subject is made light on the Senate floor. Hell, thanks to the Left, the Guard can't afford to buy used choppers from Ft Rucker where I am. The army sells them to foreign countries cause we can't afford our own stuff!

Reactions: Texas3

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Everyone is saying that it'll be no problem finding a sponsor, yet he's still got an handful of races this year that aren't covered. It's not as easy as it seems, even for the most popular driver in the sport.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Walmart would never pull the trigger on advertising nascar. ******** already live there. Guard is probobly out sonce the subject is made light on the Senate floor. Hell, thanks to the Left, the Guard can't afford to buy used choppers from Ft Rucker where I am. The army sells them to foreign countries cause we can't afford our own stuff!
Sam's Club has been on both Kyle Busch's car and Ricky Stenhouse's NNS car before. Plus that Walmart car Bill Elliott ran at Daytona. You never know they may pull the trigger.

·
Crazy Navy Vet
7,926 Posts
I'd hate to see Walmart on the 88

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Isn't Walmart the "official" something or whatever of NASCAR? Maybe that's why they don't sponsor anyone full time. Who knows, all I know is that it would be the butt of many a joke if Junebug was wheeling a Walmart ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts