Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you're wondering whether Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson will bring the infamous C-post Daytona 500 car to Talladega Superspeedway next month, let me help. No. Team owner Rick Hendrick told [ESPN's David Newton] on Sunday at Martinsville Speedway the #48 car that NASCAR deemed illegal, the one that cost him 30 days of "hell'' fighting the penalties, will be laid to rest in the woods surrounding Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s property in Cleveland County, N.C. It'll be in Junior's car graveyard with the mangled #42 that Juan Pablo Montoya drove into a jet dryer to cause a two-hour delay in the Daytona 500 and more than 50 other cars Earnhardt calls "yard ornaments." So is this an admission that the car was illegal, even though chief appellate officer John Middlebrook overturned the 25-point deduction for Johnson and six-week suspensions to crew chief Knaus and car chief Ron Malec? No. Hendrick's just not willing to test the governing body and possibly create another 30 days of turmoil.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Oh, no, this doesn't make the car seem any more illegal than the crack by Chad at Talladega last fall "If you win, back it into a wall!"

Seems to me that Hendrick, et al, know there is something illegal about this car, even if NASCAR hasn't found everything just yet, and they think its just better to ditch it than risk being caught red handed.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Oh sheesh. Let it go people. I think it's funny the car is joining JPMS fire car.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
Opinions are like azzholes everybody has one.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, no, this doesn't make the car seem any more illegal than the crack by Chad at Talladega last fall "If you win, back it into a wall!"

Seems to me that Hendrick, et al, know there is something illegal about this car, even if NASCAR hasn't found everything just yet, and they think its just better to ditch it than risk being caught red handed.
Yeah, just like that Jurrasic Park car Gordon ran back in the 90s. Except this one wrecked, so it joins Junior's junkyard.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[URL=http://diecastcrazy.com/community/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=8fan said:
#8fan[/URL]786615]Opinions are like azzholes everybody has one.
Was that honestly the only thing you could come up with?

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
Thought it was as good as your post

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Yeah, just like that Jurrasic Park car Gordon ran back in the 90s. Except this one wrecked, so it joins Junior's junkyard.
The only difference being the JP car wasn't illegal,or even declared "illegal" until AFTER the race.The problem with it was Evernham had put so much work into it and the car was ahead of it's time in so many technological aspects and it absolutely explored every gray area left open in Nascar's rulebook.There wasn't much Nascar could do other than tell them not to bring it back because there weren't rules in place to break with that car.And did I mention they only took it because of Jeff's dominance in the Winston? He drove from the back to the front during the last segment after the field inversion.

·
May the tires always blow in your favor.
1,311 Posts
I thought Dale Jrs car graveyard only had cars that were involved in fantastic wrecks (Dennis Setzer Talladega 2010, JPM Daytona 2012) But I find it Great that junior is keeping these cars. "Daddy, where is the Montoya car when he wrecked into the jet dryer?" "Well, it's in juniors backyard,son."

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
779 Posts
Aah.. Give them a few days they'll have another one built with a more clever understanding of the rules

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Aah.. Give them a few days they'll have another one built with a more clever understanding of the rules
LOL...so true....Go HMS....I'll root for cheaters...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts