Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does it seem odd that RCR would take money to advertise for Rick Hendrick? And for that matter, why is Hendrick giving $$$ to RCR? This is just plain weird.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Business,buddy,ALL business.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Same reason why Brendan Gaughan was hired to run some Truck, Nationwide and Cup he brought Sponsorship and that's all Richard wants logos on the cars or trucks

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Sponsorship money is sponsorship money no matter where its coming from. As long as it clears the bank.
True that.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem odd that RCR would take money to advertise for Rick Hendrick? And for that matter, why is Hendrick giving $$$ to RCR? This is just plain weird.
My husband and I were just saying the same thing. What made it even funnier is that Jimmie was wanting to team up with Elliott Sadler in that RCR car. So can the 4 HMS guys count on help from Tony, Ryan, Danica & Elliott if need be? Hmm...

·
CraZy Senior
6,527 Posts

My husband and I were just saying the same thing. What made it even funnier is that Jimmie was wanting to team up with Elliott Sadler in that RCR car. So can the 4 HMS guys count on help from Tony, Ryan, Danica & Elliott if need be? Hmm...
Considering that SHR has leases Hendrick engines you betcha.

It's the same thing with the Ford camp. Most if not all of the Fords run Roush/Yates engines.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Rick is a smart business man, and RCR just wanted something on the car. Rick knew people would question it, yet it gets his name out their more than just his own cars, same deal with Kurt!

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Just think about it... you're talking about it. That was Rick's intentions... to get people to notice and talk about his moves. It's all because of exposure.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
Yeah it's about dollars and exposure.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
why does rick, one of the faces of Chevy Motorsports...own Toyota dealerships?:biggrin:

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
[MENTION=175]NEW2[/MENTION] Rick Hendrick is one of the largest Honda Car Dealership Owners in the United States.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Get a copy of yesterday's (Thur) USA Today. Explains why and what was gained from the sponsorships.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
@NEW2 Rick Hendrick is one of the largest Honda Car Dealership Owners in the United States.
oh I know...just adding fuel to the proverbial fire..the guy is so diversified it's almost sick...but in a good way. He's no fool and it's why he has the strongest stable in racing let alone his personal assets...corner of the market to say the least. And he has all four corners covered.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand it's all about money, and Hendrick has had Honda dealerships for years. So did DW, back when I thought of him as a 'Chevy' guy, then he went to driving Fords and later to owning a Toyota team.

I just miss the guys like Dale Sr. who had loyalty to GM (yeah, I know he drove some Fords early in his career) and would only drive GM race cars and owned a Chevy dealership. I can also appreciate Dale Jr. saying he'll only drive a Chevrolet, and Tony Stewart starting his own team partly because he didn't like JGR's switch to Toyota.

When I heard about Ganassi/Earnhardt talking about switching manufacturers last year, I thought Dale must be spinning in his grave.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
I understand it's all about money, and Hendrick has had Honda dealerships for years. So did DW, back when I thought of him as a 'Chevy' guy, then he went to driving Fords and later to owning a Toyota team.

I just miss the guys like Dale Sr. who had loyalty to GM (yeah, I know he drove some Fords early in his career) and would only drive GM race cars and owned a Chevy dealership. I can also appreciate Dale Jr. saying he'll only drive a Chevrolet, and Tony Stewart starting his own team partly because he didn't like JGR's switch to Toyota.

When I heard about Ganassi/Earnhardt talking about switching manufacturers last year, I thought Dale must be spinning in his grave.
Well alot of time drivers are different mind set than owners. The problem in this day in age, is someones always ready to fill your shoes if you pass up a chance sometimes as a driver. It's a crap shoot because chances for good teams, can't worry about what brand is under the hood as much. It was nice though back in day they had factory drivers as I want to call it, and there was a bond for life between them. Now very few have that, and most are Chevy based

1 - 19 of 19 Posts