Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Good for him! Time to get back behind the wheel!

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
No business!!!!!!!He is still hobbling. He is sucking you know who hine quarter. Does he need to re enact Kasey Kahne before he sees the light and the end of the tunnel? Ya had your fun. Focus on what is failing then worry about your business ventures ie race tracks. Didnt your teams just blow two motors this weekend? Oh yeah that's right they were Hendrick Engines. And Tony only taps Blondes. Not a Tony hater I think this is a very dumb career move and very dangerous for his well being and longevity in Nascar.

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
He's still walking with a limp. His team is having mechanical issues left and right. His cars are 12th, 22nd, 27th and 28th in points. And instead of focusing on what brings home the money, he's getting back into Sprint cars?

I'm beginning to think his winning days in NASCAR are behind him. He's the same age as Gordon and Kenseth, and look at where they are.

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
A real race car driver isn't in it for the money or the fame. What does Tony have to lose? He has three Cup titles, an Indy title, and the Brickyard 400 win. Is it a smart business move or even something he should probably be doing safety wise? Nope. But he's a real race car driver and you can't keep those guys off the track for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Real race car driver at the risk of alienating sponsors because your being a real race car driver and hobbling around the race track and pits. Just doesn't appear to be good business sense or sponsor sense especially sense they just now secured almost all of the cars with full time sponsorship. Last time I checked those sponsors wrote checks based on performance. Not real racers. Last time I checked Haas CNC Racing was doing poorly before Tony Stewart was asked to come aboard.

In case you die hard sprint cars fans don't remember Tony has more hard tumble recently and walked away. Tony will be even more vulnerable to re injury if not worse now. Tony's driving style and 410 Winged (length of experience) are a recipe for a few more hard crashes. I wish Tony well.

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
Last time I checked those sponsors wrote checks based on performance. ...
JMO, but I think there are quite a few drivers that would question Danica's performance level being worthy of multi-million dollar sponsorship deals.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
A real race car driver isn't in it for the money or the fame. What does Tony have to lose? He has three Cup titles, an Indy title, and the Brickyard 400 win. Is it a smart business move or even something he should probably be doing safety wise? Nope. But he's a real race car driver and you can't keep those guys off the track for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Right on !! I'm with you 100%

·
Eagles! Beer! BACON! MERICA!
1,751 Posts
Maybe not the best business move, but I cant really say. If I was a sponsor, I would be damn proud to have my company's name on the side of a car that is driven by a guy who has 3 cup titles, won at Daytona, won at the Brickyard, and a guy who loves to race. Just from my standpoint, I think it's awesome he wants to get back to racing anything he can. I have more respect for him that he is getting back out there and doing it.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
My main concern is Tony Is not 100%. Tony has taken some serious rides before he broke his leg. I just don't want to see Tony end up like Jason Leffler.

Some times I really think Tonys driving style and winged 410 aren't suited for each other. JMO! Throw me to the wolves. I love Tonys passion for the sport and what he does as a car owner and business owner. I just don't want to see Tony pay the ultimate price because he wasn't in peak shape and performance.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ron, it was a 360 race he got hurt in..... and while I agree with you he does make an occasional bonehead move, hes still better than 90% of the other guys he's raced with in that division. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like they rented a track (maybe Bloomington?) and he was the only one there making laps. My guess was it was a test to see how he felt in the car, and none of us will know how he truly felt, till he shows up to a race.

·
Banned
4,675 Posts
I think this is kind of a good move. Put some laps in alone that is. Maybe it will give him some mental healing and get his mind back to the mode it needs to be to get the Cup car more competitive. I hope something changes there soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts