·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
kspool said:
He says he has the Elite packaging, so I am inclined to believe it is not a prototype. Instead, it is one of the cars that they use to replace the damaged cars, if the run is sold out. I have had that happen to me before. I had a damaged car sent to me, and the run was all sold out, so they sent me a car w/the serial number 0000. I may be wrong, but every prototype I have seen, has NO packaging. If anybody has had a different experience, by all means post it. It's a great deal, and unique even if it isn't a proto w/the #0000.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I think the 0000's were the prototypes for the elites in the mid 2000's. I remember when I was in the midst of all my bitching about the white gold elites (a story for another time, but most of the old-timers should remember it well!!) and I made numerous (and I do mean numerous) calls to RCCA and even to Action itself, talking to the actual person in charge of the white gold elite program. I am not sure if was to appease me (i.e. shut me the hell up) or if I was just in the right place at the right time, but I was offered one of the pre-production models of the Dale Earnhardt Wrangler White Gold Elite cars. It wasn't a replacement; it was one they had after all the orders were filled. Obviously, I accepted!!!

I have noticed that all 0000 elites offered on Ebay have packaging, and that I haven't seen any offered from the same time period with the proto stickers. I may be wrong, and if I am, I am sure someone here will set me straight. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth!!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Ya know, you may be right. I know the c/w/c protos come in just the styrofoam, but the Elites never see styrofoam, so you may be right. Ya still got that White Gold Elite? I'd like to see some pics of it. The Wrangler huh? That would be 99'? Was it originally not released in an Elite and then released later in white gold? That sounds really cool.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I got a Dale Jr 2006 Oreo Prototype Elite that came in the regular Elite packaging. It also came with a letter from RCCA saying that if I ever wanted to get rid of it, it let them be the first to get it back. YEAH RIGHT!!!! ROTFLMFAO

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't know if the new protos have the serial #0000 or a plate stamped proto. Back in the old days prototypes had the number plate stamped proto or a plate was inside the back glass with proto on it. They may do things different now, so I couldn't really tell you for sure.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In 2005 (I think, I would have to check the box to be sure), RCCA released 4 Dale Earnhardt Sr. cars in White Gold-- two of which were the Wrangler and the Daytona 500 win. I am not sure what the other two were. Or course, they were quickly snatched up by scalpers and sold on Ebay, just like most of the White Gold Elites were, but I whined enough and got me a 0000!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts