Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
I'll bet the "Snickers Dark" is pretty sweet (no pun intended) also. I like the tribal flames. They are different than the regular style hotrod flames like Gordon's car and the usual kind that guys usually use. I like that alot!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
There ar not that many places around here to get cars, and they charge between $65.00 and $75.00 each, plus since we are in Pa., there is 6% sales tax. I have a tax number though as I used to have a shop, so I can at least skip the tax hit.
I have a contact that I get stuff from over the net, and depending on who the driver is, he usually charges me $60.00 shipped.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
That's a good deal really. Like I said, having been a shop owner, unless you buy in fairly large quantity, the profit margin (at least for me) wasn't that great if you wanted to charge a decent price and not gouge your customers. You are getting them for pretty close what I am, considering I have shipping to pay give or take a buck or two. I wish I could find them here for $55.00.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
I have noticed on some of the boards I frequent, that alot of guys don't want the GM Dealers cars. I don't know why, and they really can't tell me why, they just prefer the regular MA cars to the GM Dealers. I will take either, or at times I prefer the GM Dealer cars as there are lower numbers made. It really matters to me on that respect, since they are different, being that the chassis is a different color, or at least it used to be.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
There used to be a difference between the color of the chassis. It was black on the MA and grey on the GM Dealers, or vice versa, I can't remember.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
Hey Sall, If ya can, post some pics please.....more than one I should say, and maybe closer. I really wanna see what it really looks like.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
Sall7987 said:
heres some pics sorry i kinda rushed em, just noticed on the roof of the car they even have the gps antenna which is preety cool...

That's not a GPS antenna I don't believe. I think it's the TV camera mount. Ever car has to have one so if they run a camera, nobody has an advantage or a disadvantage. I may be wrong, but that's what I think it is. They used to be on there, but they were like football shaped and very small, but then they went to this disc shape.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,235 Posts
Sall7987 said:
FFighter_21 said:
Sall7987 said:
heres some pics sorry i kinda rushed em, just noticed on the roof of the car they even have the gps antenna which is preety cool..

That's not a GPS antenna I don't believe. I think it's the TV camera mount. Ever car has to have one so if they run a camera, nobody has an advantage or a disadvantage. I may be wrong, but that's what I think it is. They used to be on there, but they were like football shaped and very small, but then they went to this disc shape.
thats what i ment...sorry didnt know what exactly it was called but it is cool to see.
Your right. It looks much more realistic than it did before. They are making great strides in realisim. I really like the hinges that they are putting on the new cars. They started w/the Toyotas and are also doing them on the COT's. They are just like the real deal. All that is missing now is the hood props and the teathers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.