Diecast Crazy Forums banner

HINES DOMINATES 69TH “NIGHT BEFORE THE 500” 11 Midgets

357 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  johngr24 
This race sucked and is on the verge of being dead. Watching Pro Mazda drone around for 75 laps, then USF 2000 cars drone around for 90 laps wasn't very exciting. Once again, USAC has apparently screwed the pooch. They claim 11 cars made the midget field. Only 10 started the feature with no heat races since there were so few cars. A lady sitting behind me looked like a "regular" so I asked her if she knew anything about the low car count. Turns out, she is Kody Swanson's mom (Kody, winner of Hoosier 100) She told me USAC has combined the dirt and asphalt points so it's not worth it for many teams to show up with the added tire expense, among others, at an asphalt track. Looks like we will travel to Anderson next year for the "Little 500". The bad thing, the midgets had more exciting racing in their first 10 laps than the other two series had all night. Hines ran away from everybody after there was only about 5 cars left running at half way of a 50 lap race, The stands pretty much emptied with 20 laps to go....I've never seen anything like that there...what a disappointment.

@tf330fan Between Little 500 and PowrI with 22 and many former USAC Midgets in attendance. Too many shows competing for the dollar on one day again. Sad.

If it were me and I saw 11 Midget knowing that is what I went for I would of walked and wanted a refund. Pathetic. USAC sure isn't what it use to be. USAC is taking it in the shorts out on the West Coast as well. Actually they are laughing stock.
A refund from a race track...what a concept. I wish it were that easy. Not too many years ago, even with the "Little 500", we would have 35-45 midgets show up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.