Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fenders or Not...4 wheels or 2, I love racing!!
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have not been on much. Mostly because I've been working like a crazy person, but I have been doing ALOT OF BUYING. So I figured id share. He are some pics of my buying and trading for the last month or so...and I will ask for some help with the last piece. Also this doesn't even include the 7 cars I bought from @April that I haven't had time to take out of the shipping box. somebody please call an addiction therapist lol.

If anyone can provide some insight on that Harvick tire that would be great. I think it's from around 02-03. But the picture is all I have and there's no real identifying marks(that I know Of) so maybe someone can shed a little light on this #6 truck.

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

·
DCZ's Sliced Bread
2,439 Posts
Great adds!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Hold my beer & watch this
1,584 Posts
@MaDuBt702

BUSCH: Goodyear tire Loudon fast facts
Fast Facts for July 18-20, 2003 Tire: Goodyear Eagle Intermediate Radials Number of Tires Required: Winston Cup: Left - 1,200, Right - 1,260 Busch Series: Left - 500, Right - 500 Tire Codes: Left - D-6360; Right - D-6362 Tire...
Added: July 18, 2003 at 12:40amThis page has been viewed: 67 times

Fast Facts for July 18-20, 2003

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Intermediate Radials

Number of Tires Required:
Winston Cup: Left - 1,200, Right - 1,260
Busch Series: Left - 500, Right - 500

Tire Codes: Left - D-6360; Right - D-6362

Tire Circumference: Left - 87.3 in.; Right - 88.6 in.

Technical Inspection Inflation:
Left Front - 20 psi; Right Front - 30 psi
Left Rear - 20 psi; Right Rear - 30 psi

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front - 14 psi; Right Front - 26 psi
Left Rear - 14 psi; Right Rear - 23 psi

Estimated Pit Window: Every 95-105 laps, based on fuel mileage.

Notes: This will be the third straight NASCAR Winston Cup race that Goodyear has brought this combination of left- and right-side tires to New Hampshire .. . both the Winston Cup and Busch Series will run the same tire codes this week . . . in addition to being used at New Hampshire, NASCAR teams will also run this combination at Phoenix and Richmond in 2003 . . . as on most NASCAR ovals less than one mile in length, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at New Hampshire.

Goodyear Quote -- Mark Keto, Lead Engineer, Stock Car Tire Development:

"The track at New Hampshire has been repaved in the corners since last year, though the design has remained the same. Because of this, and the fact that we ran on these tires on basically new pavement in 2002 as well, we decided to come back with the same set-up. We've had good results with these tires since introducing them in 2001, so teams should have a good history on them in order to prepare for this weekend."

·
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
2,461 Posts
I like the photo of the Kevin Harvick #6 truck, I will be making that truck for sure

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
inj9696 said:
@MaDuBt702 BUSCH: Goodyear tire Loudon fast facts Fast Facts for July 18-20, 2003 Tire: Goodyear Eagle Intermediate Radials Number of Tires Required: Winston Cup: Left - 1,200, Right - 1,260 Busch Series: Left - 500, Right - 500 Tire Codes: Left - D-6360; Right - D-6362 Tire... Added: July 18, 2003 at 12:40amThis page has been viewed: 67 times Fast Facts for July 18-20, 2003 Tire: Goodyear Eagle Intermediate Radials Number of Tires Required: Winston Cup: Left - 1,200, Right - 1,260 Busch Series: Left - 500, Right - 500 Tire Codes: Left - D-6360; Right - D-6362 Tire Circumference: Left - 87.3 in.; Right - 88.6 in. Technical Inspection Inflation: Left Front - 20 psi; Right Front - 30 psi Left Rear - 20 psi; Right Rear - 30 psi Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front - 14 psi; Right Front - 26 psi Left Rear - 14 psi; Right Rear - 23 psi Estimated Pit Window: Every 95-105 laps, based on fuel mileage. Notes: This will be the third straight NASCAR Winston Cup race that Goodyear has brought this combination of left- and right-side tires to New Hampshire .. . both the Winston Cup and Busch Series will run the same tire codes this week . . . in addition to being used at New Hampshire, NASCAR teams will also run this combination at Phoenix and Richmond in 2003 . . . as on most NASCAR ovals less than one mile in length, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at New Hampshire. Goodyear Quote -- Mark Keto, Lead Engineer, Stock Car Tire Development: "The track at New Hampshire has been repaved in the corners since last year, though the design has remained the same. Because of this, and the fact that we ran on these tires on basically new pavement in 2002 as well, we decided to come back with the same set-up. We've had good results with these tires since introducing them in 2001, so teams should have a good history on them in order to prepare for this weekend."
Thank you so much, is there a way to see if this tire code was ever ran in the truck series? I was told it was from a truck race.

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drjekyll76 said:
I like the photo of the Kevin Harvick #6 truck, I will be making that truck for sure
The photo came with the tire. So I'm trying to piece together where the tire was from/ran and when he drove a plain black 6. All I've seen have had goodwrench or have sponsors. Maybe this was from a test or tire test? Dunno. But cool...

·
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
2,461 Posts
@MaDuBt702 I think that that truck was ran at the milwaukee mile but I could be wrong though

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Great adds Matt

·
1,584 Posts
Phoenix: Goodyear Racing preview
NASCAR Winston Cup Series - Race No. 34 - Checker Auto Parts 500 NASCAR Busch Series - Race No. 32 - Bashas' 200 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series - Race No. 24 - Chevy Silverado 150 Phoenix International Raceway (1-mile oval) - Avondale,...
Added: November 1, 2003 at 12:40amThis page has been viewed: 51 times

NASCAR Winston Cup Series - Race No. 34 - Checker Auto Parts 500
NASCAR Busch Series - Race No. 32 - Bashas' 200
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series - Race No. 24 - Chevy Silverado 150

Phoenix International Raceway (1-mile oval) - Avondale, Ariz.
Fast Facts for October 29-November 2, 2003

Number of Tires Required:
Winston Cup: Left - 1,200, Right - 1,200
Busch Series: Left - 600, Right - 600
Truck Series: Left - 325, Right - 325

Tire Codes: Left - D-6360; Right - D-6362
Tire Circumference: Left - 87.3 in.; Right - 88.6 in.

Left Front - 20 psi; Left Rear - 20 psi
Right Front - 30 psi; Right Rear - 30 psi

Left Front - 14 psi; Left Rear - 14 psi
Right Front - 26 psi; Right Rear - 23 psi

Estimated Pit Window: Every 90-100 laps, based on fuel mileage.

Notes: This is the same combination of left- and right-side tires Goodyear brought to Phoenix last season . . . other tracks where teams will run these tires in 2003 are New Hampshire and Richmond . . . all three NASCAR series -- Winston Cup, Busch and Craftsman Truck -- will compete on the same tires this weekend . . . as on all NASCAR ovals less than one mile in length, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at Phoenix.

Goodyear Quote -- Mark Keto, Lead Engineer, Stock Car Tire Development: "This particular tire combination, which is Goodyear's recommendation at Phoenix, Loudon and Richmond, is more of a short- or intermediate-track set-up in our tire line. This is the fifth and final time Winston Cup teams will race on these tires in 2003, so they should have a good amount of notes to work from."

·
1,584 Posts
@MaDuBt702 Also see if you can find a date code, I see they used it in 2002 at Richmond, so at this point it may be harder to track down the exact race as they may have stored them up from 2002 to use again in 2003. The tire codes today are usually just for the year and the following years will have a different D code. I wish I could narrow it down more for you; however it looks like Richmond and Phoenix were the only 2 tracks the trucks raced at with that tire. So Harvick ran at Richmond in 2002 and finished 2nd in that race. This was on Jayski:

Number of Tires Required: Left; Right
Winston Cup: 1,170; 1,190
Busch Series: 550; 550
Truck Series: 350; 350

Tire Numbers (codes): Left: D-6360; Right: D-6362

Tire Circumference: Left: 87.3 in.; Right: 88.6 in.

Left Front - 20 psi
Right Front - 30 psi
Left Rear - 20 psi
Right Rear - 30 psi

Left Front - 14 psi
Right Front - 26 psi
Left Rear - 14 psi
Right Rear - 23 psi

Estimated Pit Window: Every 110-120 laps, based on fuel mileage.

Notes: This is the same combination of left- and right-side tires Goodyear brought to Richmond earlier this season . . . Goodyear conducted a tire test at Richmond with three teams - those of Jimmie Johnson, Ricky Rudd and Tony Stewart - on July 23 . . . all three NASCAR series -- Winston Cup, Busch and Craftsman Truck -- will compete on the same tires this weekend . . . 2002 is the first year Goodyear has bought this specific tire combination to the track . . . other NASCAR tracks where teams will run this same combination are New Hampshire and Phoenix, making this the third time this season teams will use these tires . . . as on all NASCAR ovals less than one mile in length, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at Richmond.

Goodyear Quote: Mark Keto, Lead Engineer, Stock Car Tire Development: "The one thing that is important to note for this weekend is that the track surface at Richmond will be dramatically different than it was when we ran here this spring. When we came here for our tire test in July, the Cup and Busch cars had already run one race here and the IRL cars had already their race here. What we found were track conditions similar to the typical fall race at Richmond with little or no sealer left on the track. Because of that, and the feedback we got from the three teams that tested here, we decided to bring back the same tire we had here in May."(Goodyear PR)(9-5-2002)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts