Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Thanks Dave, and apologies for not posting here myself. Just got back from a 40 hour stint here.

The details, down to the ugly ones, are a bit like this:

Yesterday we got up at 6 in the morning. No, by now that's the day before yesterday. We have 27 minutes past midnight at the time I write this.

Anyways, we got up pretty damn early and brought one of our two Belgian shephard dogs to a dog shelter for a few days. A 100 mile drive approximately. From there on we went straight to the hospital, knowing that my mother in law would go and pick up our other Belgian shephard from our home.

We were at the hospital around 9. Due to the complications we had last week, the doctors decided to induce the birth through medication. Nothing much happened for the rest of the day, so we went outfor a bit still and took a stroll through the forest.

Around 23.00 I decided to go home after a last set of checks were done. When I got home, my girlfriend sent me a message. It had started, and she needed some help. I rang the nurses office and had a nurse check on her. Labour had set in quite unexpectedly and heavily. I was on my way back to the hospital already.

By 9 all looked good and our little baby girl had almost made it. But she was facing the wrong way. She needed to turn on her side just a little, but it didn't work. 3 hours and 2 attempts later the doctors decided to do a C-section.

I got changed into appropriate gear and we were brought to the OP.

And then our little girl first saw the light of day.... and decided she didn't quite like it. Even though, through all the tests and checks she appeared extra healthy, even though a little small, she just did not start breathing. Cried shortly and then went silent.

And then, just as if she decided to just give it a try after all, she started crying again. Because of these initial scary 10 seconds the doctors decided that she needed to be brought to a bigger hospital with an infant station that could take care of any further hickups if there were any. My girlfriend would have to stay back at the other hospital. We got to see her for a few short minutes, and the nurse used her cellphone to make and send us a few photos (we had to leave ours behind when we changed clothes)

I made sure my mother in law was there, and that my girlfriend was ok, but then I just had to drive after our little girl. Another 30 miles.

I stayed with her for 3 hours. Talked to nurses and a doctor on how to bring all of us back together again as soon as possible. I still need to work out the details on transportation later today. Anyways, I am now at home, some 60 miles away from my girlfriend who had a C-section and is recovering, who is 30 miles away from our little girl. Tomorrow I will get stuff sorted out. As for now, the most important facts are:

Our little girl is healthy
She was born on October 14th around 15.40
She weighs 5,9 lbs and measures exactly 19"
My girlfriend is exhausted, and hurts, but she is healthy
I am drop dead tired, but I'm just waiting until I can drive back to the hospital my girlfriend is in and talk to a doctor to see that she gets a transport to the hospital our little girl is in.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS to you both Buddy!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both. I'm glad your girlfriend and precious baby girl are doing well. :) :) :)

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,980 Posts
Congratulations on the birth! Sounds like one hell of a stressful experience but really glad that everyone's doing alright!

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
This Sunday we finally managed to bring mommy and baby girl together. In the end no reasoning helped, there just were no transports to either take mommy to the baby or baby to the mommy. I encountered a lot of unwillingness from doctors to aid to the needs of both, and even encountered open aggression. (a complaint will be filed)

The only thing that helped was me, privately organising rooms in yet a 3rd hospital, taking over a $1000 transport fee from my private bank account, calling a nurse that was off duty to guide and monitor my girl during the transport and my willingness to kidnap both to bring them to the new hospital.

What this desperate attempt amounted to was that the chief medic in the childs ward my baby girl was in agreed to work out a one off solition. My wife would be transported there, and get a room, and both me and my wife got a stretcher to sleep on which is placed in our little girls room in the childs ward.

The official story is that my wife stays in a room in another building, my girl is in the childs ward, and I drive home every evening.

The reality is that in the other building they locked up an empty room, and the three of us stay in the childs ward. My and the wife sharing a field bed. The baby in a real baby bed.

The good news is that the nurses are awesome and help us with all means possible.

Yesterday I went to a job interview, unshaven, washed up in a spare rest room, and with clothes I have been wearing since my last visit to the hospital.

I might have a new job still, regardless of my somewhat shaggy appearance.

The best news of all is that there is really nothing that indicates any harm done to our daughter. She is absolutaly healthy. The wound of the c section however heals slowly because of the conditions my wife deals with, but if all works out we are on our way home this afternoon.

To aid us in our needs we got offers from people who would drive 400 miles to come and help us if we call on them. The breeder where we got one of our belgian shephards organised a fundraiser and we will get financial help from there. Friends and family will help us as soon as we get home, and we got some professional aid as well if needed.

Yesterday,when all the offers for help came in and everything started looking up I lost it for a moment and had to end a phone call because I just choked in tears of gratitude. We're almost home. My family and me.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Brainfreeze. Got it. Working on that right now ;)

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
I want to thank all who replied and liked Daves posts in relation to the birth of our daughter.

I only think it's fair to show all of you who are interested a picture of our little girl.

DSC_4096-Edit by b j, on Flickr

We are all at home, healthy and recovering from the adventure that started her life

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Thank you Levi, Kevin, Mark, Dave and others. The days are still filled with bringing life back to a (somewhat) normal pace, and she certainly keeps us busy, but I'm 100% in daddy-mode and just am glad everyone is healthy.

Now we only need a bigger car ;)

Ok, we went car-shopping last Saturday but could not yet decide

DSC_4009-Edit by b j, on Flickr

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
I'm so glad everyone is doing well Buddy. Awwwww she's so cute and beautiful and I LOVE that picture of her.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts