Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FERNBURG RACING 27
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been with my girlfriend for over 6 years but when we started dating she had no clue what nascar really was and now she is a die hard Kyle Busch fan and im a die hard Dale Jr fan. I started thinking I wonder if anybody else has a house divided the worse part is she has her own collection of Kyle Collection so we are always trying to one up the other. I find it funny I gues the real long story short is does anybody have a house divided

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Sounds familiar. When my wife first started watching races with me in 95 she became a Gordon fan because he had a pretty rainbow car. She still is to do this day. We were at a Martinsville race and she had her #24 jacket and all the accessories and me in my #3 attire, and it seemed we were sitting in a Gordon bash area. She stood tough with all the comments she got and said "We'll see, we'll see." Well at the end it was a classic #3 vs #24 battle. Gordon took the lead on the last lap and won. She was screaming "Told ya" in the stands after the race. I'm glad she was able to dish some back out when she got to see her driver win. But, the ride home to PA was no fun.
@MELLOTT MOTORSPORTS

·
FERNBURG RACING 27
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were at Dover for the fall race when Dale Jr broke a Sway bar and she couldnt let it go then as were leaving a drunk behind us goes hey how do you mix m&ms with amp

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
Its not really on the same page, but my mum hates kevin harvick, and I used to aswell, however my opinions recently changed of him, which creates some heated discussions, aswell my best friend is a JJ fan, Im the opposite, again can get quite heated.

none of them are collectors though :)

·
CraZy about 1:87
749 Posts
It's pretty tame here ... Mark Martin vs Tony Stewart ... since Mark doesn't win much we don't have to worry about it...

Also we're united in our dislike of certain drivers who shall remain anonymous ...

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Yeah, I'm a huge Dale Jr fan and my wife hates NASCAR, so can be heated some days.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
My wife and mother in law are Jimmie fans, I'm a Dale Jr and Brad K fan. Both of them hated Brad until my wife followed him on twitter. My mother in law is the worst though, "Jimmie is soooo great that all other 42 drivers on the track are privileged just to be out there with Jimmie." Needless to say, my wife doesn't like watching races with my mother in law and I together because we just argue.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I am a Dale Jr fan and my wife is a Kevin Harvick fan, so its been alittle tense around here at times.

·
HARD TO SEE PAST SMOKE
4,449 Posts
Surrounded by NASCAR haters over here too. Just me and my old man who is a Robby Gordon fan. I got into some quarrels with some Smoke haters at Dover once in a blue moon. In 09, when he and Jimmie were battling it out, I got into a serious argument with some Hendrick Motorsports nut job.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
It's just me that likes NASCAR in this house and that makes for some funny convos. But on a other note. My Uncle is a die hard Jeff Gordon Fan and I am a die hard Dale Jr fan and so we have had our quarrels so much as to him not wanting to ride in my car since I had anti- Gordon stickers on it lol

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Wish I can relate.. Cause I'm the only one who likes Nascar in our apartment. I haven't met anyone (literally) who follows Nascar.

·
Premium Member
10,767 Posts
My better half knows nothing about NASCAR racing or why I collect diecast. I know she thinks it silly :yes: Sounds like to me your girlfriend has good taste. I'm the same way I stick with Kyle he is a winner. Love him or hate him the guy can drive.

·
FERNBURG RACING 27
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will agree he can drive but I just never really cared for him and when he wrecked jr, and harvick kind made me not like him but then what he did to hornaday at the truck race really made me not like him. but im glad she likes other drivers it makes the weekends fun here.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,094 Posts
Yeah, I'm a huge Dale Jr fan and my wife hates NASCAR, so can be heated some days.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

in the same boat as you...but im a keselowski fan.

·
XC Crazy
3,453 Posts
Most of my family is Gordon/Bayne but my cousins are die hard Kyle fans. Some intesting races for sure.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
My family:

Me: Tony Stewart
Dad: Jeff Gordon
Sister: Kyle Busch
Mom: Doesn't care as long as she can watch little house on the prairie after the race...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts