Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The awesome people at Lionel managed to send me a brand new Jimmie car for my collection with a 100% stripped screw attached at the bottom. Anyone have an idea as to how I can get the damn screw out of there so I can actually display my new car?

/rant

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....the screws that hold the car to the styrofoam. I figured that was pretty self explanatory when I mentioned screws, but I guess not.

·
Banned
5,645 Posts
The edges around the screw are worn off, therefore a screwdriver won't work due to the screwdriver head not fitting in properly.
Oh, I have had that a couple times, if you have a rubber grip for bottles and twist that around the screw driver then that might work, otherwise you may have to break apart the styrofoam and twist the pegs

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, that's what I'm trying to avoid doing. Don't really wanna tear up the styrofoam, but I'm thinking that's my only option at this point.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ripped the styrofoam off. That does no good because the damn plastic 'container' (for lack of a better term) for the screw is still there. I'm seriously so irritated right now...it really shouldn't take this much effort just to get a car out of the box.

·
Banned
5,645 Posts
Ripped the styrofoam off. That does no good because the damn plastic 'container' (for lack of a better term) for the screw is still there. I'm seriously so irritated right now...it really shouldn't take this much effort just to get a car out of the box.
Twist the peg

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're telling me. I've taken tons of die-casts out of these things without any problems though, so I guess it was only a matter of time until one came up where I couldn't get it out.

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
Take a dremel with a cutting wheel on. Cut a groove into the screw then use a regular screwdriver to take it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts