Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did Nascar NOT throw a caution for Johnson's flat, because it would have screwed Gordon. I am sick of this. Nascar's pretty boy gets another win, because of Nascar's lax of throwing the yellow if it was to put him into a position of not doing good.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'm sorry that was a BS race!!! Nascar screwed the fans once again!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Glad we sold are traded are seat for the Dover race!!

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Well let's see here. They all knew the rain was coming, Johnsons cut tire came with about 10 laps left till halfway. Why do you think NASCAR didn't throw the caution? They wanted to have them battle it out until half way. And for the record did you see any debris flying off the tire that Johnson cut because I sure as hell didn't. Robby's cut tire was dropping a lot more debris than Johnsons. Another reason for no caution. I saw huge chunks of rubber flying off Robby's car hence the caution to pick up all the debris. Johnson's tire had none of that happening. Also the race to halfway played a role in the no caution.

And guess what. You say you're sick of it but you will still watch it next week so quit your bitchin.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Quit watching then. Or at least quit crying. Weren't you the same crybabies in here saying how great Stewart was for blasting NASCAR about "debis caution"?

boo hoo and hooo :Cry:

Gordon won, eat it.

If you don't like it, if you think NASCAR is rigged then take your crybaby ass to the door.

SEE YA!!

:nahnah:

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I understand why they didn't throw a caution for Johnson's tire, but what kinda makes me wonder is why they threw a caution the second Newman challenged Gordon for the lead, just seems kinda odd that at that exact moment they threw a caution. But...nothing we can do about it. Gordon won, and those last 20 laps had me at the edge of my seat.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
selby92 said:
I understand why they didn't throw a caution for Johnson's tire, but what kinda makes me wonder is why they threw a caution the second Newman challenged Gordon for the lead, just seems kinda odd that at that exact moment they threw a caution. But...nothing we can do about it. Gordon won, and those last 20 laps had me at the edge of my seat.
I thought so too!

It just seems funny to me, no matter who wins, unless it is "their driver" the same people are out here every week crying foul. Really, it makes me laugh! :rofl:

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Well said.
I do not see the big deal anyways, Newman saw the rain well before NASCAR threw the caution, so if anything NASCAR gave him extra time to catch Gordon.
As far as where they were at the exact moment of the yellow, does not matter, the last scoring loop decides who is in the lead.

I guess if NASCAR had just waited another 2 or 3 seconds just to let Newman get by, and pass the next scoring loop then it would have been ok? Sounds like that would have been rigging to me.

Either way, I still think it was a good race. I cannot remember the last time I actually sat there and wondered what was going to happen like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still say it was a messed up ending for that race.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I only think t would have been an issue if Newman would have been leading (or anyone else for that matter) and they would have waited and thrown the caution right AFTER the pass was made for the lead. I think that the outcome was as fair as it could have been under the circumstances. It doesn't really matter because most of Jeffy's lead will evaporate with 10 races to go anyway.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'm gonna agree with Blacker on this one. First off, I don't think that the race was really rigged, like Blacker said it was raining so they kinda offered more time. Either way beside Gordon's win list, it's not gonna say Rigged, so can't say much there. I did wish they would have went green, cause I believe Mears could have had a shot, but he's up to 23rd in points, and I'm not really the one to bitch so I'm kinda glad there.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
Mearsfan25 said:
I'm gonna agree with Blacker on this one. First off, I don't think that the race was really rigged, like Blacker said it was raining so they kinda offered more time. Either way beside Gordon's win list, it's not gonna say Rigged, so can't say much there. I did wish they would have went green, cause I believe Mears could have had a shot, but he's up to 23rd in points, and I'm not really the one to bitch so I'm kinda glad there.
there was no way they could go green. The rain may have stopped there but i live about 20 min from the track and all the rain and stuff was moving from my direction to theirs and that was a lot of rain. plus the darkness was setting in.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
gordonfan24 said:
Mearsfan25 said:
there was no way they could go green. The rain may have stopped there but i live about 20 min from the track and all the rain and stuff was moving from my direction to theirs and that was a lot of rain. plus the darkness was setting in.
I know, I wasn't saying they could do anything about it, I just said I do wish they could have went green.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
he did get it fairly, but i do see what everyone is talking about, whether it was rigged or not, we can talk about this until we are all blue in the face and we will never know. but as far as how he got that win is why people challenge his wins. if newman was right behind him and the caution was thrown then there would have been nothing to say, but when it comes out right when newman was challenging for the lead and they throw it, that is why. it just looked bad. either way o well.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
he did get it fairly, but i do see what everyone is talking about, whether it was rigged or not, we can talk about this until we are all blue in the face and we will never know.
That's all you needed to say BUD!!! I can't stand Gordon & JJ, but how about the fans that were waiting for the race to restart, considering JJ wasn't there anymore!!! Makes you wonder a little bit!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts