Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
To be honest the Robby Gordon Red Bull car from Team Caliber is his most rare. At the Super Cross event here in San Diego several vendors were selling his Monster car. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
ok thanks what about $100 for the red bull my buddy has one at his house?
Like everything in this hobby, It is what it is worth to you so don't let anyone tell you that you overspent if it is something you really want. With that said there is one on the bay for $162.00 shipped.

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like everything in this hobby, It is what it is worth to you so don't let anyone tell you that you overspent if it is something you really want. With that said there is one on the bay for $162.00 shipped.
ok, im in a hunch here problem is i want to buy all of carl edwards race win cars but I don't have a lot of money but I have these cars that I never see being sold but when I try to see what there worth no one really knows but your right the car is only worth what somebody will pay for it.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
ok, im in a hunch here problem is i want to buy all of carl edwards race win cars but I don't have a lot of money but I have these cars that I never see being sold but when I try to see what there worth no one really knows but your right the car is only worth what somebody will pay for it.
My wife has cracked down on what I "should" be buying. My big collection is Dale Sr. but it is about as complete as it will get. I really only am looking for the spilt delco-goodwrench car and ever allusive B&D ghost. But I have talked her into doing the UofR and historical series cars as well. And if something catches my eye I might sneak into the collection. Robby has some very dedicated fans but the number of said fans isn't in the category of an Earnhardt, Stewart, Gordon, etc. so the market would be dictated by them when found. Good luck, whatever choice you make.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Funny this was brought up. Isn't there more than one model of the Monster car, ones the cheaper version while other is metal base and more detail?

As far as the RedBull RG car, I think $100 is a good price for it to me being a RG fan. Prices on eBay I think are false because it seems to be same guy selling it.

His fan base might be smaller but his items are semi limited compared to so he usually doesn't have issues with getting buyers. It is thought not the average fan though.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I haev seen the cheaper Monster Car version (the contenders series) more frequently than we see teh Champions Series. I have seen Champions Series cars go fro $125-150 in auction son ebay in the past year.

Scott

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
there is also a 'dark chrome' version that I was lucky enough to snag. That year CFS sealed all their packaging and inserted dark chrome versions of a few black paint schemes to be randomly distributed. If I recall they packed either one per 6 or per 12 case to venders. The thing with the Monster energy, it was a sharp scheme and like a lot of the 'hot' cars in this sub category, it appealed to a bigger audience than just 'Robby Gordon ******* nascar fans'...so it was bought up quicker...I find it commical that vendors are still sitting on them...this is what happens when an item gets hot and people try to outthink the system, then get stuck with it and the items devalue quickly. They basically create a false demand or scarcity. Which in the end is where what a person is willing to pay is all it's worth. Case in point that Kurt Busch hendrick cars custom that went for over $500...there are a couple more up now not fetching anywhere near that price. Two guys pushed what they were willing to pay.

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
I haev seen the cheaper Monster Car version (the contenders series) more frequently than we see teh Champions Series. I have seen Champions Series cars go fro $125-150 in auction son ebay in the past year.

Scott
If you ever come across one of these(contender series) you let me know :)

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
so what is the checkerd flag version?
CFS or checkered flag is the company...they made two levels of diecast with different prices obviously. The contender series was made with a plastic chasis like the old Team Caliber Pit Stop series. It was intended to be an 'entry level' collector piece for kids etc...the Champion series was more expensive because it had the metal chasis...ironically...they both look exactly the same sitting on a shelf...but that's just me.

·
Bengals CraZy
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CFS or checkered flag is the company...they made two levels of diecast with different prices obviously. The contender series was made with a plastic chasis like the old Team Caliber Pit Stop series. It was intended to be an 'entry level' collector piece for kids etc...the Champion series was more expensive because it had the metal chasis...ironically...they both look exactly the same sitting on a shelf...but that's just me.
So the more expensive 0ne nowdays is the plastic one? I think mine cost $50 or $70 brand new just trying to figure out which one I have

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
So the more expensive 0ne nowdays is the plastic one? I think mine cost $50 or $70 brand new just trying to figure out which one I have

the metal based one is the more expensive. normally the contender series are in a plastic window box, where champion series come in closed boxes similar to arc/lionel

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
He didn't run for Red Bull, but was sponsored by them in 2005. Busch Series, Dakar, and trophy trucks I believe.
RedBull was his Busch series and Trophy Truck program. The year he had RedBull in Dakar was year he raced for the VW factory team, but RGM Dakar program biggest sponsors were Monster/Hummer even tho Jim Beam was on the truck it was brought from Cup side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts