Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have retired, I am in the process of downsizing my rather large 1/18 scale collection. I started with my Nascar models, as many are out of date, although some may be desirable from a vintage or historic perspective.

This is what my "Museum" looks like with select Nascar models removed.

IMG_4045 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4046 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

Fortunately, I saved most of the boxes in my attic, and was able to rebox them.

IMG_3757 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

Sold a few on here, sold a few on eBay, and then an eBay buyer asked about the entire balance.

SOLD!

So how do you ship 200+ 1/18 scale Nascar diecast across the country, from Texas to North Carolina.

I could pack about ten in an 18x18x18 box, and mail them, which is what I did on my eBay auctions, but that costs about $75 per box. You can do the math, but shipping 200 would be prohibitively expensive!

Fortunately, after searching around, I found a freight carrier (R&L) who will drop ship an empty crate, and then pick it up and deliver it. The cost for a 48x48x48 is $575.

So here's, more or less, a time lapse.

IMG_4129 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4132 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4133 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4134 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4135 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4136 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4137 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4138 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4139 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4140 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

IMG_4141 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

A lot of credit goes to my son and his early addiction to Tetris.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so this is what my future holds!?! good job w the crate, still kind of sad in a way.
Beautiful shelving
Diecast collecting is a cruel, cruel mistress. As proud as I was of each and everyone of them, some of them rare, some of them limited edition, it was time to say Goodbye.

We were amazed at the packing process, and how successful we were. I had envisioned having to pack a couple of 18x18's with the ones that didn't fit.

The empty shelves will be used to get some of my other models off the floor. In addition to the original equipment wooden shelves, I had custom glass shelves developed to increase shelf area.

The Nascar models that I kept (all of the Dale Earnhardt Sr. ones; all of the Tony Stewart ones - including some customs; and then some customs that I had commissioned) will all be consolidated into the corner unit.

Hopefully I can convert the straight unit to handle some of my 1/18 scale ramp haulers and their cargo.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,837 Posts
Sorry the evil mistress made you sell them. Yes, one day, we will be paid a visit. Great storage shelves for the 1/18 scale cars. Nice packing on those 200 plus cars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts