Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huffman Out at JR Motorsports; Dale Jr to Drive at Daytona: Dale Earnhardt Jr. will compete in Friday night’s Busch race at Daytona, driving the #88 Navy Chevy for his personally-owned team, JR Motorsports. He replaces Shane Huffman. "Upon a midseason evaluation of the performance of this race team, we decided we needed to make a change, and right now we have a window to do that,” Earnhardt Jr. said. "Because of the short notice, I am going to drive the Navy car Friday night at Daytona. It’s a big race for us. We are carrying a special Navy SEALs paint scheme on the car, so we want to make sure we give it a good run for the Navy and all our sponsors and employees.” Earnhardt Jr. said he does not intend to drive the car beyond this weekend, although a new full-time driver has yet to be determined. “I have always wanted to drive my own car, but I’m doing this to give us time to evaluate our options and see who we want to put in the car for the rest of the season,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “I will get with my people at JR Motorsports, and hopefully we will have a new driver named in the very near future.”(JR Motorsports PR)(7-3-2007)

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
They can't keep anyone in that car.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel bad for the next guy they hire...he will be saying good bye to his career before next season lol.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Jr. is such an awesome car owner! Shane was just trapped there anyway... with JOONER going to hendrick he wouldve had no hope to go any higher than Busch.

Maybe he should take a look at his performance before judging others.. oh yeah.. but hes got the last name, so its all good. :doh:

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Great that means another car I need to get!!! Huffmann has had his struggles, but I think JR Motorsports has some improving to do also!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
He doesen't seem to have too much patience w/his drivers. They fired the last guy just short of half a season also. I thought he wouldn't last anyway though, cause Hooters Pro-Cup is not enough experience to move to Bush. Huffman is different, but it's not all his fault that they weren't running well. They need to make a commitment to a driver for, say, 2 years, then evaluate him. JMO.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah once again the Squids aren't happy that Huffman isn't crapping out wins and top 5s becoming the next superstar so like McFarland last year they probably told Jr to give him the boot. Shame, really.

·
Super Moderator
8,752 Posts
my question is, will they and do they have time to change teh name on the car and diecast?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
They do not have the time to change the name on the die-cast. Since the car was supposed to run this weekend w/Huffman's name on it, and Jr. is driving it, it's even too late to cancel it.
If any other cars are made they will be correct I would imagine, but Too Late for this one. JMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts