Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out this morning that I have landed a job interview with the largest Chevrolet dealer in the midwest. ELCO Chevrolet is the dealership. It's owned by Enterprise (yes the Enterprise Rent a Car company). I would be the Administrative Assistant for the body shop if I can land the job Thurs. 1/24....This has me really excited and i'm already getting nervous. To be going to a dealership is a big deal to me. As some know I grew up around GM dealerships and know my way around the shops and parts departments. I have always had a soft spot in my heart to work for one and this seems to be the perfect chance and job. Be a weird change though...I've spent so 4 years and a lot of hours with O'Reilly and it seems like 10 years. I hate to walk away from a great company but hell...STL management hasn't been what I expected either. Ok rant of excitement is done for now lol.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Re: I can't contain tellin the world about this.

congrats, hope you get the job.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts

It's in the cards man........hell, it's on January 24th........which is 1/24.......which of course is the greatest scale of diecasts!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts

Best o' luck TA, sounds like it's in the bag. Keep us posted!

·
Super Moderator
8,751 Posts

good luck TA, i just know you will land the job.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts

Congrats & good luck to you! Now when you get the job what kind of deals are you gonna give us? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts

Good Luck Bud!!!! Let us know know if you get it!!!!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hopefully I will know Thurs. morning...then I go to work and say bye bye because I know I will have to quit...A Dealer is the #1 competitor for any parts store even though they do buy from them.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

Then will it be okay for us to call it O'Reilly's?

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Update: Things are looking very good about this job. The body shop manager wants me to get the job so I guess I can't do better then that. Just gotta wait on HR and Enterprise Corp. to iron things out and give the final ok. So basically I got the job but I didn't get it lol. There's a reason it's a tumble right now, just a matter of time though nothing big.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts

Great to hear Bud, keep us posted!!!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a call today from ELCO's HR manager and he told me to call him back (i was working of course damn the luck!) I tryed but couldn't get ahold of him. He said great news and we need to get to talking. So I know it's in the bag now! I can't wait to hear when I can offically start and be gone from O'Reilly...I am excited about this. I didn't think it could open a world of new things for me until a few days ago...I might be able to finish my Business degree and even go for GM ASEP!!! ASEP would make me a lot of money in the future...even though I would be a how do you say it..."piddly mechanic for a dealer" hehe...I can't wait....

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I just can't get used to TA not being Mr. O'Reilly's!!!! LOL!!!!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
March 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gives me some time to get squared away and all that good stuff. I can't wait now. Counting down the days. You'll get used to it Spool...I know though it'll be odd....March 24th would be Four years with O'Reilly for me and to think the upper management in St. Louis think I don't have enough experience to manage a store...I know it was because I was 24..(All the managers they keep promoting are over 35).

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Good for you TA, Now go out there and show em' they messed up. Stick it up their ass and break it off! I'm happy for ya!

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not breaking it off unless they tell me too. I want to work 2 nights a week for a bit...Mon. and Thurs. for some extra money to pay off bills and move and send out some items I owe a couple guys...That's #1 on my list mailing those two things out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts