#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
2 words

affirmative action, lol

we know how many more of these will sell over a simple Harvick Elvis 1:24. and in the long run be much more valuable

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm...as a racecar fan who is black I much appreciate that they produced that car and I ordered one the other day mysself. Team Caliber makes tons of cars and I am sure they didn't cut the "tons" of Dave Blaney cars there probably making......to make some Bill Lester cars. I guess you have the same feelings of production of the Erin Crocker cars. I am sure you can find plenty of Dave out there :)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know exactly what you are implying....but what I said was not because Bill Lester is black. As far as Bill goes, he is an incredible driver and if they would run him on the road courses, they would really see him shine. He started in sports cars I believe and is a very good road course "shoe" The point I was making is that he drove the car, what? Two times? And no there are not alot of Blaney cars out there, and what there are are usually lower level cars detail wise.
The cars I was talking about are the Harvick Reeses Elvis, and/or the countless 1/64th scale cars that they would sell tons and tons of and do not see light of day. Here's a prime example. the "Prelude to the Dream" dirt late models. They are making them all in 1/24, but they are only making a select few in 1/64, and the only one of the "Big 5-6" that they are making is Kyle Bush. The Gordons and Johnson etc, are only being made in 1/24. That statement was made speaking to the name drivers (who Dave is not one of although he does have a larger fan base than people realize) with large collectible sales, not good drivers that they fail to produce cars for. That IS a cool piece and I was considering picking it up myself.
If you were in any way offended, my most sincere apologies and again, there was nothing intended other than the fact that Action/MA/Team Caliber was/is screwing up again. IMHO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok wait my apologizes I guess I read that wrong I did not see the part with Kevin Harvick I just saw where it posted why are they canceling cars then bills address. My perspective on this was incorrect believe me the first thing I dont wanna do is make enemies on this site. And oh no i wasnt talkin bout him being black just stating I was. Sorry to start off on the wrong foot just joined on and wishing to gain knowledge on cars I wish to bid on. I wish to gain friends not enemies please accept my apologies.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
no apologies needed. but yes that is what we are talking about is that they make all the fantasy santa cars, or even a car that nobody even ran(resses regular cup car), or maybe once or even like Lester that they mass produce, but then cancel actual raced cars, such as the Harvick Elvis that is selling anywhere from $500 to well over $900 and wasnt released to the mass public but only made a lil over 700 piece for a private deal. now compare the 2. there is no comparison. not tryin to take anything away from Bill in anyway. i do think that it should have been made because he does have fans, but at the same time, which one is more profitable? which one is goin to hold a better book value?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree, I can tell I will learn a great deal from you guys in this forum. Do you use beckett racing to determine values of your cars. I have a lot of cars and I am just trying to get a ballpark figure of what they are worth. It seems you are a smoke fan but you wouldnt happen to have a seen before a Jeff Gordon display case made of cherry that has a lithgraph and color chrome car. It was made just after Jeff won his 01 championship. QVC is where I purchased mine, they also made one for dale earnhardt senior in 01.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i used to use beckett but i havent bought one in a while. as of now i kinda watch what they are selling on ebay and get a ball park. mind you that is not a perfect science either. i have been watching a car for about 2 months now and i have seen it end at 70, 150, 95, 51, 230, and then tonight 41. i didnt bid on it tonight because i saw it was starting to climb and i just figured it was going to keep rising. there is another one ending in a couple of days and it was laready at 60 before the other one went out. but other than that i would say ask on in the public forum in you have any questions. we have alot of memebers that know alot about what prices are in a ballpark of a diecast.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Benzkid89 said:
I agree, I can tell I will learn a great deal from you guys in this forum. Do you use beckett racing to determine values of your cars. I have a lot of cars and I am just trying to get a ballpark figure of what they are worth. It seems you are a smoke fan but you wouldnt happen to have a seen before a Jeff Gordon display case made of cherry that has a lithgraph and color chrome car. It was made just after Jeff won his 01 championship. QVC is where I purchased mine, they also made one for dale earnhardt senior in 01.
Like was said, no apologies needed. You now understand my post. Welcome to the site and you will find out what you need here as well as make some great friends.
I have an Earnhardt Sr. Shadow box of which you speak. It was the first one QVC made. The second was the Gordon piece you have and then they made a Jr./Sr. Oreo one, but cheapened it up by making the cars Brookfield Colectors Guild, and that kinda killed the popularity. They received alot of returns on it as "Dan Dan the know it all man" neglected to mention that the cars were not Action cars.
I have been trying to sell my Earnhardt Shadow box, and have been monitoring EBay to see what would be a fair price for it, and have seen two sell recently for around......get this..........$30.00 - $35.00. Needless to say, I am holding on to it cause I would let it rot in my closet before I sold it for that.
The Gordon one I was going to purchase, but they "Bastardized" it by "QVC-ing" it and making it colorchrome. I haven't seen alot of them lately, but then I haven't been looking for them. I had alot of Gordon cars, and what used to be high dollar cars and for some reason, his stuff fell into the basement. What were once big dollar cars are now run of the mill price wise, Again, I will let them rot in closet, or throw them away before I sell them for those prices.
Again, "Welcome" and enjoy the site and it's great to have you here. Go to the "Lounge" and introduce yourself, and the go to the "Hall of Fame" and post some pics of your stuff. WE/I would love to see watcha got!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts