Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp just got back from an absolutly amazing weekend at Bristol!

My freind works for a hotel that Espn/Fox stays at. Well they were also an associate sponsor of the #81 MacDonald Motorsports Entry for the Nationwide series for the weekend. So that means he got us GARAGE PASSES for Saturday!!!!!

Time for show and tell.

The entrance to the garage:

Then when i get in Sprint Cup Practice was going on and walked over and saw these images:

Needless to say the grin on my face never left my face the entire afternoon. I watched the rest of practice with this view:

After all the practices it was time for some Nationwide racing. Here was my views of that race:

I seriously thought I had died and gone to Heaven!

After this exciting day on Saturday. Going back to the track on Sunday felt just like a normal race day. I thought it was a pretty good race watching the 17 and 2 battle throughout the last half of the race. The one good thing about empty seats is you can spread out and plus the traffic was really nice after the race.

Now on to the fun stuff. Here is all the stuff I got signed .

First the Coors Light girls were at one of the bars we were at. How can you turn down free stuff from hot women?:biggrin::

Jack Roush signed my Roush-Fenway Racing Shirt:

After following Danica for it seemed like 2 solid minutes with my diecast out asking please for an auto she finally signed the diecast. I was not at all impressed with her attitude.

Of course I had to get my boy Jamie Mac to sign my Brickyard 400 Raced win diecast!!!! :biggrin:

And finally probaly my proudest item of the weekend was this hat I was wearing that i got full of signatures:

The hat is signed by Tony Stewart,Jeff Gordon,Carl Edwards,Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne,Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kevin Harvick,Brad Kesolowski, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton, Joey Lagono,Trevor Bayne, and Bill Elliott. These were all obtained on Saturday before the Nationwide race

Here is a group shot of everything I got signed over the weekend:

I highly highly recommend if you get the chance to get garage/pit passes to do it. It is a truly amazing experience to be standing right next to the guys and machines that you cheer for every weekend.

Sorry for the long post but I'm a little excited to share it with you people!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
No problem with the long post... I enjoyed it. Glad to see and hear you had a great time!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sweet items, sounds like you had a blast. Wonder what was up with Danica? Really, she signed the back window, really???

·
Black #3 Fan
2,881 Posts
[MENTION=2476]Pnut2[/MENTION] .....so far the best thread header this year and I'll doubt anyone will beat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
That is so awesome!!!

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Sweet add, and some really good pics. looks like you had a blast.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
Wow, you're soo lucky! If I was ever offered garage passes I would NOT turn them down....even if it meant leaving my son at home. lol JK..sort of. What an amazing experience that must've been for you.

·
Don't you like to rock?
295 Posts
Wow nice stuff!

Danica on the rear window...thats different. I've never really cared for Danica, and my opinions only worsened after hearing all these different stories about her less than delightful attitude.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH DANICA .........ONE DAY AT FONTANA IT WAS SERIOUSLY ME AND HER WALIKING IN THE CLOSED NATIONWIDE GARAGE AREA .. SHE GAVE ME NOTHING BUT ATTITUDE ......THATS WHEN I STOPPED BUYING HER STUFF ....EVERYONE HAS A BAD DAY ....BUT REALLY IT WAS JUST ME AND HER ...AND SHE WASENT IN A RUSH OR ANYTHING .......OH WELL :whatever:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH DANICA .........ONE DAY AT FONTANA IT WAS SERIOUSLY ME AND HER WALIKING IN THE CLOSED NATIONWIDE GARAGE AREA .. SHE GAVE ME NOTHING BUT ATTITUDE ......THATS WHEN I STOPPED BUYING HER STUFF ....EVERYONE HAS A BAD DAY ....BUT REALLY IT WAS JUST ME AND HER ...AND SHE WASENT IN A RUSH OR ANYTHING .......OH WELL :whatever:
See that is kind of what happened with that diecast. She did her driver intro then got in the truck to go around the track to wave to the fans. Since she was starting 26th by the time she got back to turn 4 where they droped off the drivers they still had the top 15 to introduce. I saw her get off the truck but she looked hurried so I was like ok thats cool i'll just stay at the entrance to pit road and see what she does. Looks like she had to pee cause she walked pretty quick to where the restrooms were.

I waited till she started walking toward pit road and approached her with my diecast already out with a silver sharpie. I asked her Danica can I please have an auto please. I walked right beside her for at least a minute while we walked toward her car on the grid. She just kept talking to some guy (looked like a pr guy) just like I wasn't even there. And the crazy part I was the only ONE beside her up until about 10 ft from her car. She finally grabed it then signed it. I was like WTF!! When i was walking back toward turn 4. I had somebody in a photo vest say to me "man, you sure had to work for that one!!" then started laughing.

Every other driver I hardly had to ask just signed my stuff. Hell, I caught Kyle Busch almost sprinting out of his hauler to get in his car for happy hour practice. I felt like a massive d*** sticking my pen and hat in his face trying to get an auto while he had to get in his car. But he signed it and I even said good luck this weekend and he said even replied back thanks.

I know but everybody is different but man she came off as a complete tool.

I was going to keep the Danica diecast but I might just sell it after I got a taste of her attitude.

I sure as hell didn't let her dampen my day!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts