Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its more specifically about the box. Why is there two different boxes out for this? Ive included pics of both boxes from Ebay. The one with the pics from the race the auction said it is not the GM dealer car, but a friend of mine was at the Speedpark in Sevierville today and they had the car with the standard box but it isnt a GM car either so I dunno.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I just went and looked at the one I bought yesterday, and I have the one pictured at the top, but I sure like the one on the bottom better. Maybe the one on the bottom is the special one from KHI.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i agree the bottom box is better. not that the box matters but it just looks nicer than just a plain box.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I'm really curious about that myself! Looking at the pics, the top picture looks like it has been autographed on the trunk. Can't be for sure about what that is but it looks like an autograph from what I can see. The problem is it doesn't appear to be Kevins autograph. kspool says his looks like the one in the top pic and the second one may come from KHI. That would make sense but then the autograph should be more likely on the one from KHI. I know all the ones from KHI are not autographed but they can be purchased and since it is such a new release you would figure that the one signed would probably come from Kevins fan shop. Is the one in the top picture a raced version too? I can see the raced version on the box of the second car and see the race marks on the car but don't see either on the first one. Is there a raced version win and non-raced version win? As for the GM dealers version, has anyone seen a picture of it yet?
I won a second chance offer on a Harvick COT car last night but the guy seems to be kind of a jerk off so I eneded up passing on it. I'll just wait until my local dealer gets it in. I would rather him make a little money than some jerk off of ebay who could care less about a customer. Guess I'll have to be looking at getting one of these real soon too. Then I hope there is a little delay before some of his other cars get released. Not working and trying to keep up with what is being released is kind of shrinking the old wallet there!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
fishin4cars said:
I'm really curious about that myself! Looking at the pics, the top picture looks like it has been autographed on the trunk. Can't be for sure about what that is but it looks like an autograph from what I can see. The problem is it doesn't appear to be Kevins autograph. kspool says his looks like the one in the top pic and the second one may come from KHI. That would make sense but then the autograph should be more likely on the one from KHI. I know all the ones from KHI are not autographed but they can be purchased and since it is such a new release you would figure that the one signed would probably come from Kevins fan shop. Is the one in the top picture a raced version too? I can see the raced version on the box of the second car and see the race marks on the car but don't see either on the first one. Is there a raced version win and non-raced version win? As for the GM dealers version, has anyone seen a picture of it yet?
I won a second chance offer on a Harvick COT car last night but the guy seems to be kind of a jerk off so I eneded up passing on it. I'll just wait until my local dealer gets it in. I would rather him make a little money than some jerk off of ebay who could care less about a customer. Guess I'll have to be looking at getting one of these real soon too. Then I hope there is a little delay before some of his other cars get released. Not working and trying to keep up with what is being released is kind of shrinking the old wallet there!!!!
The top picture is "autographed" by Kevin and RC... so its not KHI related.

The Kevin harvick special boxed version hasnt even arrived yet.. so this is probably just a case of MA getting lazy.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
1Bob29 said:
fishin4cars said:

The Kevin harvick special boxed version hasnt even arrived yet.. so this is probably just a case of MA getting lazy.
1Bob29, You seem to have a lot of knowledge of these. Have you ever posted any pics in the HOF to show us your collection? I don't recall seeing it. I figured since you are so knowledgeable about these and the races you might have something hidden in your collection that the rest of us Harvick collectors haven't seen

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
fishin4cars said:
1Bob29 said:
fishin4cars said:

1Bob29, You seem to have a lot of knowledge of these. Have you ever posted any pics in the HOF to show us your collection? I don't recall seeing it. I figured since you are so knowledgeable about these and the races you might have something hidden in your collection that the rest of us Harvick collectors haven't seen
I never posted my collection unfortunately.. I think Im the last person on earth without a digital camera. I just keep tabs on Harvick stuff when it comes out, the different versions etc. etc. Unfortunately I dont anything that special lol... the most valuable Harvick car I have is the RCCA Club Car Brickyard Burnout.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
demondecko said:
Its more specifically about the box. Why is there two different boxes out for this? Ive included pics of both boxes from Ebay. The one with the pics from the race the auction said it is not the GM dealer car, but a friend of mine was at the Speedpark in Sevierville today and they had the car with the standard box but it isnt a GM car either so I dunno.

I may be wrong, but it looks to me like the one on top is the raced car, in the regular issue box. If you guys have seen it like this, I would say that the one response was correct. MA taking the easy way out or being lazy. Maybe the car was ready before the box was, so they released some in the original box until the raced version box was ready.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It could be a seller that put the regular box on a raced car. Why?, don't ask me. There is even one guy that put a wc car in an MA box.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohio29 said:
It could be a seller that put the regular box on a raced car. Why?, don't ask me. There is even one guy that put a wc car in an MA box.
Yeah the sticker on the side says Daytona raced win too. Ill try to find the pic.

Edit - Here we go.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Well like was said, I would think it may be the KHI version, but I agree, it is not supposed to be available yet. It's not supposed to be available until mid to late August. Ya got me unless MA released some before the real box was ready.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The store I bought mine from had a few of them, all in the same box. One guy on the DCW site got his a month or so ago from QVC and it was in the bottom box. Maybe the bottom box was a QVC only release.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Well like was said, I would think it may be the KHI version, but I agree, it is not supposed to be available yet. It's not supposed to be available until mid to late August. Ya got me unless MA released some before the real box was ready.
The KHI version is autographed. That car is not.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
1Bob29 said:
FFighter_21 said:
No not all KHI cars are autographed. Only 200

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
fishin4cars said:
1Bob29 said:
FFighter_21 said:
No not all KHI cars are autographed. Only 200
There were two versions.

One was the standard.. not autographed. Just the standard car.

Then there was the KHI exclusive 200 pieces car. Its autographed by Kevin, and the box is personally designed by Kevin Harvick himself.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts