Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into going to the Coca-Cola 600 next month cause ticket prices look to be pretty good. I have never been to Lowes before and I know it is a pretty good size track. My question is where do I need to sit so I would be able to see the entire track? Like how high up or what section. The tickets I am looking at seem to be in the Diamond Terrace and about 40 rows up. I just dont want to be looking at turns 1 and 2 and thats it. I want to be able to see everything. Also how does the parking work. I know at Bristol you can park on the highway and ride a shuttle over to the track. Does Lowes have something like this or do they have an actual parking lot you can park in or what. Also at Bristol they have tents set up across the street that vendors sell diecast and clothes and stuff apart from the official haulers. Does anyone do this at Lowes or are the official haulers the only merchandise? Any info from you guys would be great.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
When I go we always parked in a field, (cost about 10-20 dollars depending on where). I sat in the 15th row right before the turn in October and I saw the whole track. I wish I could have sat closer the the start finish line, but it was definately an awesome seat, and enough room to see the whole track. So 40 rows up would cover the whole track for sure. I've also sat in the middle of turn one and two before, and it's not that bad.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I went in 05. Had a BLAST! Bring sun block for sure.

There are a bunch of tents and souvineir haulers across the street from the track (you park just beyond that). I was in a suite, so I couldn't tell you about the seats. Lots of driver signings, I remember. In fact, I got Wimmer's autograph and I didn't even know he was there! lol. I just walked up to his souvineir hauler and looked up and there he was. It was just at the end of his autograph signing.

There's an insurance company that will haul you around on golf carts for free (be sure to tip). They are a life saver, especially if you plan on going to the garage or infield. You enter the track from the start/finish line area but the garage entrance in is Turn 2. Quite a hike, but not bad with a golf cart.

I wish I had more time (and money) to check out more of the venders, but I had a great time nonetheless. Have fun!

·
Registered
328 Posts
i've sat on the start/finish line/frontstretch 19-40 rows up and was a geat view but i don't think i'd go any lower,frontstretch coming out of turn 4-about 40 rows up-great view,turn 2 about low to mid way up ok view but i've gotten spoiled on the frontstretch.there is lots of free parking in front of the speedway but you should get there in the morning to get a good spot.right across the street from the front of the track is the haulers and behind that is where the sponsor expo get your freebies area is and behind that is parking-we always park there.not a bad walk at all and close enought to go back and put everything in the car so you don't have to take it in the track.you gotta check out the vendors(close to the merchandise haulers-you can't miss it)i think it's the best around.been to charlotte,bristol,darlington,martinsville, and atlanta and i think by far it the nicest-better selection and it's all right there-not spread out all over the place like the other tracks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts