Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things that I have begun to do in recent months is offer a consignment service to the customers at my shop. Many of them do not have internet access or do not trust online commerce. They bring their high end sports cards to me and I look at them and make a determination as to whether it would be beneficial to list them on eBay. As we all know sometimes eBay disappoints and sometimes it suprises us. Recently a good customer of mine brought a few cards to me and asked me if I thought it would be worthwhile to sell any of them online. I found that he had a 2004 Playoff Honors Hideo Nomo AUTO # 5/5. He said he pulled in 2004 from a box of Honors along with a few other AUTOS. I told him that Nomo didn't sign very much and has a pretty strong collector base that looks for his high end stuff. I told him that with some luck this AUTO may bring $150-$200 on eBay. I filled out the paperwork and went home to list the card. It just ended this evening and lets just say that it exceeded my expectations! I know my customer and his son will be very happy with the results. Check out the link and tell me what you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=250200190423&category0=&fvi=1

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
U-Da Man Dodger! I hope they appreciate that you are an honest guy. You coulda bought it for $200.00 and then made over $100.00 yerself. If they aren't happy, they are numb! LOL! Congrats on a great listing! Keep up the great service!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts