Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna do a giveaway, to just kinda introduce myself to the board.
Here is how we will do it. I am gonna ask a question and if you want to be considered, reply to this thread that you are in, and PM me the answer to the question. The first person to get the question correct will get the prize. The question has a 4 part answer, so to win your choice of prizes, you must get all 4 parts correct. There will be three prizes, so if anybody else gets less than all 4 parts, but three or two etc. will also receive a prize. The person w/all 4 correct gets his/hers choice, and so on until all prizes are gone. Winners will be determined by the order in which the answers are recieved and if they are correct.
Here is the question....
John Andretti has driven in 4 different disciplines in his "professional" racing career...name the different types of cars he has driven.
That should be fairly easy and I will be in contact w/you if you win and will let you know what your choices of prizes are. Good luck!
I will post pics of the prizes as soon as I can get them out and shoot and post em'.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have had two replies and both were close, but not right. I will give a little hint. The key to the question is "disciplines'. That means totally different types of cars. That is all I am going to say for now....Keep trying. And thanks for the replies!
BTW, I should have said, only one chance each, so now I am going to have to limit everyone to two chances since I wasn't specific.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and BTW, This will run until next Saturday at midnight. You'all might win by attrition! LOL!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I've had three attempts from three different people, and still not a correct answer. Very close, but not quite all correct. Keep them cards and letters coming in! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
i'm in. pm sent

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have two that have submitted what I was looking for. I also have a few that have opened my eyes and I have disovered that I was not totally correct. But since it is my "Givaway"....LOL, I am going w/what I was looking for.
When I get one more that comes up w/what I was looking for, I will close the contest. At that time, I will PM the 1st correct respondent and give him/her their choice of what I have available.
After they have chosen, I will post the pics of the prizes and what the quote-unquote "winner" has chosen and then let 2nd choose and then 3rd will get what's left.
Also, if you have already entered, pm me again and let me know who you collect. Depending on what I have and what I get for "likes", I may send out some consolation prizes.
If you haven't figured out by now, I just wanna give away stuff! LOL!
Thanks for participating and all of the answers. I have learned some stuff I didn't know!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have a winner...and all of the stuff (that I wanna give up right now....lol) will be awarded shortly.
I will go through everything over the next day or so, and notify the winner and let him choose his prize, then contact the rest of the placers and notify them.
If you are getting a consolation prize, it will just show up if I can get an address w/o checking w/you first. That will be hopefully a neat surprise...and thank to all who participated.
I have also donated some prizes to the board for some future giveaways so when the powers that be decide to have some giveaways, there are some things to be awarded.
I hope you like what you get, if not turn around and redonate it. Keep the ball rolling!

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
Good job on the giveaway, Ken. If you need help with any addresses, feel free to contact me or one of the Admins, as we have several addresses stored in the Random Act Of Kindness (RAOK) Forum, which is our way of helping people pay it forward around here. Thanks!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Getting on w/this slowly but surely. Here are pics of the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.....
1st Place gets choice, 2nd choice of what's left and 3rd the remaining prize.
As anticipated, some consolation prizes will be awarded!

Once the winner has made his choice, I will anounce who it is and what was chosen, then after the runner-up has chosen I will announce who it is and then 3rd and what he got.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the winner of the contest was kwik. He was correct on his response. He declined the prize as he has in his words" many die-cast already"....so the second place person will get his choice of the prizes, then 3rd will get his choice of what's left, and then woever would have been 4th will get the remaining prize. I will post when they have made their decision.
Congratulations again kwik!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts