Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I would have bought the Dale Earnhardt IMHoF Sheet Metal 1/16 scale car for the original price. What a flop... it is the RCCA Value of the Day for $55. I bought the Dale Jr. Black Budweiser car for full price, and even that one hasn't come close to holding it's value. That whole program was a total failure!!!!! :mad:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
kspool said:
If I would have bought the Dale Earnhardt IMHoF Sheet Metal 1/16 scale car for the original price. What a flop... it is the RCCA Value of the Day for $55. I bought the Dale Jr. Black Budweiser car for full price, and even that one hasn't come close to holding it's value. That whole program was a total failure!!!!! :mad:
You know what? If it is the Value of the Day today, it is REALLY a flop. That is the second time it is the Value of the Day. They apparantly didn't sell them out the last time they did the VotD deal. I was one of the dumbasses that bought one originally. I could kick myself in the ass. I thought for sure they would catch on. They are awesome pieces, but must be too big. They have gone the way of the 1/18. Fred Rodriguez bought one for $55.00. the lucky dude! LOL!
I am gonna give mine away to a friend. I got tired of trying to sell it and people wanting to pay me $35.00 for it.
After I committed to give it away Taz offered me $75.00 for it, but I already committed to give it away, and I keep my commitments.
If the Jr. and the Truex ever go on sale I may pick them up.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the whole Dale Sr. IMHoF program seemed to flop. I think I've had my fill of fantasy cars as a whole.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
There are some that I thought would be big, and are still fairly rare, but don't seem to be big dollars.
The one I have been looking for forever and can't find, is the Snap-On Carlolina Run that looks like the DEI Pit Practice car. It is different than the RCR Carolina Run car. It is a DEI Carolina Run. It is striped like the DEI Pit Practice car, but has the Carolina Run logo on the rear Quarters, and the DEI logo on the hood.
The other is the Dale Earnhardt Legacy Concert car. You got one when you got a ticket to the concert. It flopped I think because there were two other cars out at the same time. The Legacy car, the concert car and another one that escapes me at the moment, but I know there were three, as well as the one Jr. drove in the Busch race, which is not a fantasy car, but is close. LOL! Not as rare, but still fairly hard to find.
Then there is the car I posted the auction for the other day, the Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet die-cast that you get from the dealership when you buy a Monte Carlo from his dealership. I had never seen one until the other day, and there was an auction for one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
kspool said:

QVC had the Red Bowtie Bud 1/16 sheet metal car on tonight with Jr's autgograph for $300...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts