Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id be searching around for a new team next year. JGR cracked under the pressure of their sponsors, and robbed Aric last night. Total shame that this is what the sport has come too.. if the sponsor wants a different driver in there.. then its going to happen.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
He got the win & points & he didn't even have to race the whole thing. I would be happy with just that!
I say WTG ARIC of the win!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Well geez, you'd figure a sponsor who's paying to even have that car on the race track might want to have some say to whom will be in the car.

I'm sure Gibbs will compensate him. No doubt that he'll have a full-time ride next year and Coleman as well.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its just a bunch of BS that a Busch driver was taken out of a Busch car for a Cup guy that doesnt need to race. Oh well... money talks.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I would've liked to see Almirola stay in the car. He was having a great run. Seems like Milwaukee's his best track as well. But that's the way the sport is today, like it or not.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a shame..... but hopefully hell get some more cracks at it before the end of the year.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I can't imagine him being happy even with Denny winning, that might actually make him more mad. I don't understand why they put Denny in there either really, Aric already started the race and doing good, and its not like Denny is trying to win the Busch Championship, and even if he was he still wouldn't get any points, plus why have your car go a lap down just to take some guy thats in second out? It just don't really make sense to me overall.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
It was the sponsor's decision. Milwaukee is the base of Rockwell Automation and they wanted their star driver in the car. It's really that simple.

·
Registered
564 Posts
taterracing said:
It was the sponsor's decision. Milwaukee is the base of Rockwell Automation and they wanted their star driver in the car. It's really that simple.
If you ask me they had a star in the car. Almirola Qualified the car on the pole and was running second and then had to give up the seat for a Cup guy. I like Denny but I think he made the wrong move last night when he got in that car. I am with you guys when you said that Almirola should look for a different ride for next year.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I think it should have been a moral decision on Denny, but then again that could lose a sponsorship, (like he couldn't find another one lol)

·
#1 Harvick Fan
4,731 Posts
I was at the race. Aric did an amazing job!!!!!!! He deserved to get the ride for the whole race and he would have done just fine.

HUGE MISTAKE.,

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I'm one of the biggest Hamlin fans there are and I was wondering, WTF are they doing when they decided to take a 2nd or 3rd place car of the field to go eventually 2 laps down with Hamlin. But make no mistake, this was not Denny's decision. His sponsor told his owner how they wanted it to be, and don't I think for a second that they wouldn't have dropped sponsorship for not listening to them. Aric was doing great on his own and they should give him his own car from now on. Gibb's has a lot of potenial waiting for Yeley to screw up a little more. If they go with 4 teams in Cup next year they could both be there.

Travis

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
As far as I can tell the only reason why Hamlin is racing the Busch car is because of his first contract with Gibbs...He wasn't supposed to be in CUP as soon as he was. He's still trying to do his Busch obligations along with the Cup ones. If Rockwell wants their driver in their sponsored car then they should be given their wishes they do pay for that. As to if I agree on the Aric deal no I don't...Rockwell should have let him try to win that race himself...Could he? I don't think so...Leffler or Wimmer probably would have beat him in the end. Why? Because face it they are experienced drivers. Hence I go back to my original comment Rockwell wanted their driver in that car in the end. Now next year Aric could be their driver in the 20 who knows...He is proving himself to them either way he goes. I think he should have stuck around and not left though. After the race when Hamlin won he could have said I thank Rockwell and JGR for letting qualify and start this race, I hope I have showen everyone I can do what Denny does. We'll see...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts