Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor: Next PlayStation coming in 2013 | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

Details that people may not want to hear include:
Locked games per PSN: Essentially if you buy the game new it will only work with your system and upon trading in, the buyer of the used game will have to pay a fee or face playing a limited trial.
Backwards Compatibility: None it is heard. That means PS1, PS2 and PS3 games won't be able to work on there.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... I will go run out and buy that! Hahaha nope! :no:
It was bound to be inevitable but I would not be surprised if the big box retailers (conspiracy theory alert) are behind this in a way. They are the only ones who aren't making money off of used game sales (since they don't take used games). This move could backfire to where video games fall behind the tablet games (which Apple would LOVE to see happen) and it could, due to the rising costs of games to $60-$70, make the industry sink slowly.

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Am I ever so glad that I'm not into the gaming anymore. If all of this is true, I fore see the industry in a downward spiral for sure.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
PS3 is probably the last console I'll buy.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
PS3 is probably the last console I'll buy.
That will be true for me for quite a while. I don't play but a few of the same games, I own five total. And I use the PS3 more for Netflix than anything.

I'm not shelling out $500-800 for this thing. I'll be patient and see if it's worth it... when the prices drop in half.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
My PS3 is more of a blu-ray player than a gaming machine. The game I play most is NFL Blitz which I bought online for around $10 though. I have bought a few games but I am just too busy to play any more. I used to be a Madden fanatic and bought it every year on launch day. Now I seem to buy the previous year's version on the next year's version on launch day and may play it a few times. I can't remember the last time I even pkayed a whole season on Madden. Life and priorities sure change when you have a family.

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
My PS3 is more of a blu-ray player than a gaming machine. The game I play most is NFL Blitz which I bought online for around $10 though. I have bought a few games but I am just too busy to play any more. I used to be a Madden fanatic and bought it every year on launch day. Now I seem to buy the previous year's version on the next year's version on launch day and may play it a few times. I can't remember the last time I even pkayed a whole season on Madden. Life and priorities sure change when you have a family.
Amen!!

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
ill just stick with my ps3

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love my PS3. I have the original 80g backwards compatible system. Will never get rid of it.
Also will never pay that much for another game system, especially if they make the games system specific like that. Sounds like a lot of software you buy. Need multiple licenses to use that program on more than one pc.
My opinion is that will sink the PS4. Not sure if ya'll have heard, but in the near future you could/will see the Xbox360 4g w/ kinect bundle w/ Live Gold sell for $99 w/ a $15 monthly subscription. If thats true, you'll see many more people on Xbox.
Say goodbye Sony if ya make those rumored changes.

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
I'll never buy it. I put off buying a PS3 until my PS2 no longer worked. I hope it backfires on them. How could they possibly make these systems any better or more impressive?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts