Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is as I am sure most of you are aware, a CASCAR stock car. IMHO, What a NASCAR stock car oughta look like. It looks very close to a show room car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on Tater, don't split hairs w/me. I don't have any to spare...LOL! y aknow what I mean. Tell me that doesn't look like a Charger, especially compared to the "Charfusimontecamry" that NASCAR runs....

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fine.......whatever ya say.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My borther used to build engines for Peter Gibbons and a few others that ran Cascar.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The snout is flatter, more like the stock Charger, unlike the NASCAR version which is lower and pointier to enhance aerodymanics, and also the quarter panels below the "C" pillar is humped like the production car, unlike the NASCAR stock car. The rear deck is shorter like the stock car, and unlike the NASCAR car.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I guess that hood being lower than the fender well helps on the aerodynamics of the car too? Kind of looks like a production car hood for a dodge. Doesn't fit worth a shit....LOL

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya got that right. I wonder if CASCAR fines cash and points for your hood being to low in post race inspection? LOL! Ya mean I'm not supposed to be able to change the oil w/o opening the hood?

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I've watched CASCAR on SPEED before and they do resemble a stock car a lot more than the current NASCARS. Here's a front end shot of a CASCAR I found on google. Notice how the front end is more square than the rounded one's in NASCAR.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tater.....look REAL CLOSE and tell me you can't tell a difference.

Especially the #43 car. It looks JUST LIKE the Charger R/T.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
LOOK real close? I blind man could see the difference in those picks! that is as close to stock car as I've seen in any type of Nascar racing in years! I wish Nascar would take a serious look at that! I sure would be nice to see some resemblance of the actual stock cars. Like Tater said this new COT and chase thing is actually losing intrest not gaining any.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, but look back a few posts and see what Tater was saying. He didn't see any difference between the CASCAR car and the Busch car, and intimated that there was little if any difference between them and the Cup cars. I insist they are extremely different.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I didn't see a difference because the pic you originally was awful and couldn't tell. Those later ones, ok, I see the difference.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
fishin4cars said:
LOOK real close? I blind man could see the difference in those picks! that is as close to stock car as I've seen in any type of Nascar racing in years! I wish Nascar would take a serious look at that! I sure would be nice to see some resemblance of the actual stock cars. Like Tater said this new COT and chase thing is actually losing intrest not gaining any.
I agree, those cars are closer to "stock" cars as it gets in racing.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah right, look at the car painted like the #9 of Kahnes in the original pic. It looks just like the cars I just posted. Face it, you were in a pissy mood and wanted someone to argue with. I ain't buying the bad picture story. Tell the truth Tater. :p

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
What the hell's your problem? Look at the first pic. They're side views. Hard to tell the difference. The front views are better and can clearly see the difference. If you get mad because when you post something, I post an opposing view... deal with it. Not everyone will agree with your assessment. I didn't agree with this one here until I saw a different angle. It was presented later and now I agree.

If you have a problem with me, bring it through PM.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Easy Cheetah....can't take a little teasing? Damn....

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I can just fine, but there was no indication in your post that it's a joke. A 'face' thing or an 'lol' or something works, but otherwise it appears you have a beef. That's cool though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts