Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fast 9 shootout for the pole comes on ABC in a few minutes at 1 ET. All the other positions are set, Kurt Busch just qualified 12th, very impressive. They're running over 230 mph laps for the first time since 2003.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Kurt! Woohoo!

Reactions: April

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was hoping Hinch would get the pole.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Congrats to Carpenter on the pole!

·
Banned
2,354 Posts
This new qualifying format was terrible. Even the drivers didn't understand it. Don't get used to it, it will be different next year.
The fast nine was....slow. Juan had the second fastest average of the day, yet he starts tenth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
The fast nine was....slow. Juan had the second fastest average of the day, yet he starts tenth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not the first time that's happened in the Indy 500. Around 1990 or 1991 Gary Bettenhausen had the fastest lap and started 25th because he was a second day qualifer.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
Was there only 33 cars entered? I like bump day but if there is only 33 cars it's kind of pointless.

I like Helio's paint scheme. If offered I might preorder it.

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Matt9975 there were only 33 entries. I think it's been a few years since there's been more.

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
We had 34 or less attempt in the three years we are using the current Dallara chassis. Not sure how much more they are compared to the 2011 and prior chassis.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts