Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infineon dropping naming-rights deal with Sonoma: Infineon Technologies will not renew its naming rights deal with Infineon Raceway when its deal with Speedway Motorsports Inc. expires in May. SMI indicated in a news release that it is not counting on revenues for 2012 for naming rights for the Sonoma, Calif. track, which hosts a NASCAR Sprint Cup race on its road course in June. The original agreement, signed in June 2002, was reportedly a 10-year, $34.4 million deal. The track was renamed from Sears Point Raceway to Infineon Raceway. Infineon Raceway VP/Marketing & Communications John Cardinale told the SportsBusiness Journal that the speedway is looking for a new naming-rights partner. “There are three or four companies we’re talking to. I wouldn’t say they’re ready to sign, but they’re certainly interested,” he said.(Scene Daily)(3-7-2012)

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
GOOD! I hated that it was named 'Infineon.' I always called it Sonoma or Sears Point anyway. It sucks that the track loses money... but oh well.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Its going to a nameing rights thing again, they said it in the article.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
Wonder if Save Mart/Kragen will consider it.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
i miss when it was called sears point but whatever

·
Registered
580 Posts
My uncle works for Infineon in California, and I was hoping I could get some tickets for the race this year's race. It's too bad they aren't sponsoring the track anymore.

I call it Sonoma, but I did used to refer to it as Infineon until a couple years ago. I think a cool name would be like, "The Road Course in the Vineyard" or something like that, but I'd rather just say Sonoma.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It will always be Sonoma no matter who names it.
I think they should call it "Sonoma Roadcourse sponsored by Whoever is willing to pony up the dough.":confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts