Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Information on an uncut Goodies Sheet from 1992

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  fishin4cars 
I've read about that set but never seen it before. I'm broke or else I'd offer you double what Larkin is!

Interesting that it featured mostly Busch series drivers...Richard Petty is the only one that's not a Busch series photo (Petty never ran Busch races in 1992) but he had, and IIRC still has a personal service contract with Goody's.

If you look real close you can see that even the Cup drivers who were Cup drivers at the time are in their Busch gear, Michael Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt both ran identical cars to their Cup cars, and Davey in 1992 ran Mac Tools over the rear tires instead of Texaco, Harry Gant ran a #7 Buick with a paint scheme very close to his #33 Olds Cup car for Ed Whitaker (Although that photo seems to be a Cup victory lane photo). Dale Jarrett is in his Nestle Crunch uniform. Morgan Shephard ran an unsponsored white Ford out of his own shops that looked just like the Citgo Cup car but without the Citgo markings.

Even if you are not looking to move the set, it's an awesome piece and I thank you for sharing the photos!

The photos all seem to be from 1991 by the way.

It's not a Days of Thunder car, it's his Busch car, which was #15. It was sponsored by AC Delco. I have a photo of the full car here but havn't scanned it yet. Considering Kenny was driving for Hendrick in Cup, who prepared the DoT cars, I would not be surprised if the numbers were reused from it though as a cost cutting measure. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.