Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed that inside the MA COT boxes, they have put a peice of cloth in there instead of a baggie for the car. Wussup w/this? What does it do? To me, it's just another thing to raise the price of the cars, and it has the MA logo on it, so it's another advertising item for MA. They could have at least put stretchy stuff around the edges so it would go over the car, kinda like a shower cap! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
yea, my jr. elvis car came with one. i think they intended it to be a cover for the car but who the hell would cover the car with it. ti defeats the purpose of displaying it.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's a cover inside the box cause the car is attached to the styrofoam. It would take the place of the baggie, but it isn't on top of the car inside, so it doesn't serve any purpose.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can see that, but if they put elastic on the bottom of the cloth, they could put it on and it wouldn't hurt the wing or splitter. Also like I said, I have yet to see one on top of the car inside the styrofoam. They are on the outside of the styrofoam. Kinda strange IMO.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I have found one really good use for them! They make great dust clothes! Kind of expensive ones but they are soft enough that they don't do any scratching to the paint or decals. Other than that They are completely useless! Have you even tried to put one of them over a car while being displayed?? As you may have seen I have the rotating display case. Rotate it with one of them on the car and it slides right off. DO NOT attempt to use them inside the styro foam on COT cars!! They are thick enough that if they aren't 100% flat and a wrinkle gets between the styro foam and the wing you may crack the wing! I found this out! I went to put a COT back in the box at and the tried it. The styrofoam wouldn't quite go all the way back down. I almost went ahead and closed the box. If I had it would have broken the wing I'm sure! When I opened the box back up I saw that when I folded the styrofoam back over on the car it had pushed the cover up and had bunched right at the wing assembly. I just removed it and stuck it back on the outside of the styrofoam and the car fit perfectly! I don't recommend using it for a storage cover in the box! I've found a box of disposable terry cloth shop towels work a lot better! You can buy a box for $5.99 at Autozone or Pepboys and it has like 50 towels in it! They are soft enough they don't scratch the car and large enough to fold completely around the car to hold it in place. I do still cut them so that the wing is not covered. There is not much room for error on the wing assembly on the COT's!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts