Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Is Kenseth Running Unsponsored at Auto Club?

3K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  DeaconDoug17 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is Kenseth Running Unsponsored at Kansas

On the Entry List he is listed as Roush Fenway Racing....= usually means unsponsored. Just thought it was interesting no surprise just thought they had most of the first half of his season covered. Again this is the same a the Auto Club Thread but it happened again!

#3 ·
The same thing happened with Bowyer last week. The initial entry list had listed his sponsor as Michael Waltrip Racing. I don't know if 5 hour added on another race at the last minute or what but he wasn't sponsor-less. I'm confident Kenseth will have a sponsor of some kind.

#5 ·
its probably gonna be that Roush Fenway 25th thing.....he will probably pick up some california sponsor like Mr.binkey's, Surf and Wax, or even California State Patrol.

#6 ·
realistically...he'd almost be better off with no sponsor for cali...with his history and success at that place, what better way to draw a long term sponsor in...guarantee they ALL want return on their investment which means victories...or at least spotlight for running up front which Matt most likely will do...if he's unsponsored, what a great sell to prospective clients particularly if he wins which EASILY could happen...think about it.

#8 ·
Not sure if it has been mentioned here or not ...(im sure it has) ...but the reason jacks cars have "trouble" getting sponsors is because the value he believes his teams are worth .......if he allows a sponsor to come in at a low ball price he is devaluing his team and essentially loosing more money down the road. So at times ...in his mind (and im sure he knows what he is doing ) it is way better to just run a blank car ......on the flip side of if a driver like trevor bayne leaves his stable because of jacks sponsor expectations ....well that would suck for them (roush fenway) ....

#9 ·
Ford EcoBoost to sponsor Kenseth: #17-Matt Kenseth, will sport the primary colors promoting Ford EcoBoost at Auto Club Speedway this upcoming weekend. This is the first time that the #17 entry for Roush Fenway Racing will carry the Ford EcoBoost paint scheme and comes at a track where Kenseth has achieved success at in the past; including three Sprint Cup victories. Ford EcoBoost earned its first NASCAR [Nationwide] victory as a primary sponsor at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with Roush Fenway Racing's Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in the #6 Ford [Stenhouse also ran the EcoBoost scheme in the Daytona 500 on the #6 Ford]. Ford EcoBoost technology uses turbo-charging and direct gasoline injection to boost engine output, thus reducing emissions and improving fuel efficiency by as much as 20%. Ford will offer fuel-efficient EcoBoost engines in 11 vehicles in 2012, up from seven in 2011, tripling the production capacity of EcoBoost-equipped Ford vehicles. Expanded availability in high-volume nameplates helps make fuel economy more affordable for hundreds of thousands of drivers.(Roush Fenway Racing)(3-20-2012)

#11 ·
Not sure if it has been mentioned here or not ...(im sure it has) ...but the reason jacks cars have "trouble" getting sponsors is because the value he believes his teams are worth .......if he allows a sponsor to come in at a low ball price he is devaluing his team and essentially loosing more money down the road. So at times ...in his mind (and im sure he knows what he is doing ) it is way better to just run a blank car ......on the flip side of if a driver like trevor bayne leaves his stable because of jacks sponsor expectations ....well that would suck for them (roush fenway) ....
I disagree...what has Trevor REALLY done besides being pushed to a 500 win? look at the list of guys who've won it, and even one who's done it twice...Mikey Waltrip...ANYONE who is in the 500 has a legit shot at winning it through attrition...no offense but Trevor could EASILY be replaced...that's my personal opinion. I like the kid, I think he has a good future ahead of him...but he'd be no loss to the organization I really don't see it.

#12 ·
I disagree...what has Trevor REALLY done besides being pushed to a 500 win? look at the list of guys who've won it, and even one who's done it twice...Mikey Waltrip...ANYONE who is in the 500 has a legit shot at winning it through attrition...no offense but Trevor could EASILY be replaced...that's my personal opinion. I like the kid, I think he has a good future ahead of him...but he'd be no loss to the organization I really don't see it.
Opinions like this are why the sport is where it is. Oh, that young guy can be replaced, no problem!!!! Was Kenseth not PUSHED to a Daytona 500 win this year? Do you people think before you type?

#13 ·
Daytona 500 wins don't just fall into people's laps like people like to make it sound. It takes a lot of skill and Trevor has showed promise ever since he was in the #99 MWR Busch car. He's a good little driver.

#14 ·
Daytona 500 wins don't just fall into people's laps like people like to make it sound. It takes a lot of skill and Trevor has showed promise ever since he was in the #99 MWR Busch car. He's a good little driver.
agreed the people who say oh restictor plate races are luck and dont mean anything are ignorant idiots

#15 ·
I cant figure out how he has so much trouble. Hes won a title and is always around the top of the standings. even last year he had 3 or 4 different cars when guys with way less talent are set. How can kasey khane, who hasnt won in who knows when have a sponsor like state farm and Kenseth has to, it seems like beg people to but a name on his car. I guess hes just not that marketable and if your a nice everyday guy that gets top 15 finishes almost every race nobody cares.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
i disagree...what has trevor really done besides being pushed to a 500 win? Look at the list of guys who've won it, and even one who's done it twice...mikey waltrip...anyone who is in the 500 has a legit shot at winning it through attrition...no offense but trevor could easily be replaced...that's my personal opinion. I like the kid, i think he has a good future ahead of him...but he'd be no loss to the organization i really don't see it.

if rick hendrick had that mentality about jeff gordon ...well our sport would have a very different look to it .......

I really hate the direction our sport has gone .....dont get me wrong racing has always been about money , but at least before owners scouted out talent ....allowed drivers to mature and see their full potential before dumping them ....now its all about how much money you bring to the table .....you can say what you like about trevor ...but bottom line is those cars dont drive themselves ......i have been driving at the local level for 6 yrs now ...and as easy as it looks or sounds from your couch ....its not .......its hard to win at a local short track ...let alone on the national level .......all im saying is that in this instance you need to give the kid some time to mature and become a racer .....thats why our sport is still searching for the next dale earnhardt or jeff gordon to take over our sport .......we keep kicking everyone out before they have a chance to shine !!

#17 ·
I cant figure out how he has so much trouble. Hes won a title and is always around the top of the standings. even last year he had 3 or 4 different cars when guys with way less talent are set. How can kasey khane, who hasnt won in who knows when have a sponsor like state farm and Kenseth has to, it seems like beg people to but a name on his car. I guess hes just not that marketable and if your a nice everyday guy that gets top 15 finishes almost every race nobody cares.
Kahne won 6 races ago in Phoenix in crap Red Bull equipment, not that I disagree with you on the fact that undeserving drivers have sponsors but Kahne sure as hell isn't a good example to use, just sayin. What I don't agree with is the Brendan Gaughan situation where he has rides in all 3 series because of his family. Or Brian Scott wrecking all the time and still has a sponsor.

#23 ·
Well the last Nationwide driver to truly make it up from Nationwide and "succeed" at the Cup level was Brad Keselowski.

..and how did he get to Penske? Hmm maybe a win at Talladega. I guess he isn't talented since he only won at Talladega..
He also won 6 races in NW in 2 seasons with Jr, never winning a Super Speedway race.....

Better do your research first, Penske was contacting him to run the 12 since July of 2008

#24 ·
Opinions like this are why the sport is where it is. Oh, that young guy can be replaced, no problem!!!! Was Kenseth not PUSHED to a Daytona 500 win this year? Do you people think before you type?
yeah crabass...I think a lot...and yes it is indeed why this sport is where it today...sponsor woes, drivers and crews being traded out like used underwear...rather than DEVELOPING young drivers everyone wants to latch on to a pretty face or a kid that got lucky instead of grooming TALENT...STILL say the worst thing that EVER happened to Logano was Stewart's departure from JGR. Pushed the kid forward too quickly. ONE win at a plate track where half the top tier drivers crash isn't a mark of a winner...it's a stat in a book. COULD Trevor become a great driver? sure...but Roush has groomed enough of them to know what matters and what doesn't...to me Stenhouse is the best young gun they have.

#25 ·
No question Stenhouse is the best young guy at Roush. He can contend for the Sprint Cup in a few years. Bayne will be a decent guy and racer and should contened for some wins over the years. Both have a good future. Stenhouses is brighter but Bayne belongs in the sport for years to come.

#26 ·
Kahne won 6 races ago in Phoenix in crap Red Bull equipment, not that I disagree with you on the fact that undeserving drivers have sponsors but Kahne sure as hell isn't a good example to use, just sayin. What I don't agree with is the Brendan Gaughan situation where he has rides in all 3 series because of his family. Or Brian Scott wrecking all the time and still has a sponsor.
Didnt realize that, after Texas I didnt care. I just personally think there were better options than him for hendricks. Ive never thought he was a top driver, he qualifies great but races not as good and I think hes only been In the top 10 in points a few times. I guess its more of me wanting to see new guys get there shot on the track and It seems like not many get a chance. Its probably the hardest sport to get in to for this reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.