Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any noticable differences in the 2011 cup diecast car and the 2012??? need to know, thanks!!:ANYWORD:

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
for the most part no...other than perhaps earlier releases where contingencies and even tail light/head light groups might have been off due to artwork release..as to the body I doubt there is any real difference as the cars themselves haven't changed.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for the most part no...other than perhaps earlier releases where contingencies and even tail light/head light groups might have been off due to artwork release..as to the body I doubt there is any real difference as the cars themselves haven't changed.
Thank you, wasn't sure. We have 2012 decals, just don't wanna spend $60 for a new donor type thing.:biggrin:

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Thank you, wasn't sure. We have 2012 decals, just don't wanna spend $60 for a new donor type thing.:biggrin:
yeah that should be no problem at all..from a logistics standpoint the molds cost WAY too much to just tinker from year to year assuming the body stays the same (ie. the wing and splitter cot to the spoiler/integrated splitter cot of now... vs. the old style body) should be just fine. Really for the most part even the wing cot body is pretty much the same as the new integrated splitter body where decals are concerned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is there any noticable differences in the 2011 cup diecast car and the 2012??? need to know, thanks!!:ANYWORD:
the elites have the new fuel injection and that's about it.

·
diecast crazy
2,203 Posts
I am still trying to figure out this whole mold building deal I am just not excepting a $50,000 tool ,I build $35,000 tools in R&D so is there a place that i can go and read more about this , cause i always hear molds this molds that so i want to learn more ty for any help

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am still trying to figure out this whole mold building deal I am just not excepting a $50,000 tool ,I build $35,000 tools in R&D so is there a place that i can go and read more about this , cause i always hear molds this molds that so i want to learn more ty for any help
Wouldn't that be the tool&die side of the product? i would think you would have to find out Lionels supplier of the dyes. They do alot of that type of work at Scott's shop. prototype work though.

·
diecast crazy
2,203 Posts
Wouldn't that be the tool&die side of the product? i would think you would have to find out Lionels supplier of the dyes. They do alot of that type of work at Scott's shop. prototype work though.
I also in my younger days made or worked for a tool and die maker and when we made the tools most were set on a 6 to 12 piece what I call a stamp , and that way you were getting as much product off that tool as you could , see my deal is if it takkes $50,000 to make a tool and you pull say 30,000 chevys then price is calculated into the pulls , so to make a diecsat car in all fairness is probably less then $10 a car, just think about how many chevy's they make in a year cause they use the same mold to make evevy car every special finish , I am hoping I am making sense , so I figure Lionel probably has about after shipping from the little china man over there $15 to $20 a car if that much then they have a mark up to the distributor and then to the dealer , doesn't constitue a price hike in my opion , I am probably wrong but this is just my opion
ty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts