Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
Doesn't hurt to contact them before making a bid. See if he would offer cheaper shipping through USPS or UPS. Check out the website and put in what u think the package should weight and his and your location and see what it says. Ive had 1/24 ship for like $7 so that thing should only be like $5.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Doesn't hurt to contact them before making a bid. See if he would offer cheaper shipping through USPS or UPS. Check out the website and put in what u think the package should weight and his and your location and see what it says. Ive had 1/24 ship for like $7 so that thing should only be like $5.
Very hard to ship ANYTHING priority mail for $5. If I had to guess it costs him about $6-6.50 to ship it priority. THen when you factor in ebay takes a % of teh shipping, that could account for the little extra shipping fee.

Scott

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Why does eBay get a % of shipping?
Honestly because they know they can. If its an auction you pay ebay 9% of the sale plus 9% of teh shipping cost.

If its a fixed price listing you pay 11% ebay fes and 11% of teh shipping as well to ebay.

Ebay says its to keep epople from selling a $100 item for $20 and charging $80 shipping to aovid fees, but in actuality its becuase ebay knows no one else offeres such a huge selling platform and that sellers willpay the fees.

Crazy Stuff. One of the reasons I dislike companies getting so big they can start enforcing crappy policies on everyone.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I am just going to purchase it.:confused: I really want one and it is the only one I can find. Thank you for the feedback and suggestions!:yes:

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Scott is partially right but I believe they did it so that sellers won't inflate the actual cost of shipping. Now if sellers are going to inflate the cost of shipping... they're going to pay an extra fee. Plus, eBay makes a little more and I'm sure they have no problem with that! LoL
What works for me is... if it's a Buy It Now. I ask the seller to ship for free if I'm willing to pay their Buy It Now price. It works fabout 70% of the time for me. Try it... it doesn't cost anything to ask :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.