Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but without diecasts I wouldnt be as into NASCAR, IRL, or F1 as I am. Idk what it is its jut I more into NASCAR than NFL MLB NBA...and I think its mostly because of diecasts.

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
I agree completely. it allows us fans to connect with the sport

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Cant say thats true, I just started collecting and ive been a fan sense I was young. My take on racing fans is because people can relate more to it, a lot of people play sports growing up but when you become a pro its about the money and business for most. Any able person can drive a car so people relate better. And the drivers are more down to earth and act like everyday people not stuck up clebrities.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I agree with both...like I love Twitter you can intereact with the drivers no problem
Speaking of twitter my boy Austin Dilon just retweeted about our auction of a signed Pit Crew shirt to benefit Childress Pediatrics.

Lets hope we can raise some decent money for charity!

Scott

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I have been a racing fan longer than I have been collecting diecast, yes they are an integral part of my love for the sport, but they are not the only reason.

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
I went to races before I started collecting diecast. I could live without diecast. Just love racing :wink:

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Yes, I love my diecasts but love the sport much more. As I said before, I prefer collecting Danica's personal racing gear, team equipment, and unique, hard to find Danica items. These items mean more to me and hold more value.

Racing is just in my blood, I cant get enough of it. If diecasts were no longer available, I would still love racing just as much.

I am an open wheeler at heart and I love the sport just as much, even though Danica will not be there and I will not collect any Indycar diecast. Yes, I miss her tremendously in Indycar but I cant wait for the Indycar season to get started.

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
I was a BIG fan before I started collecting and I am a BIG fan still.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
I've heard about NASCAR for years but never really paid attention to it. I was much more into F1 and GT racing because of the street/road courses and my passion for Porsche's..

Thanks to visiting the M&M's World in N.Y. (where I bought my 1st 1/64 NASCAR diecast), I got hooked into following the sport.

I honestly love following NASCAR, but I enjoy it more when I collect diecasts at the same time. It allows us fans to connect more with our favorite drivers and/or teams.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
It´s not racing but my real life car that got me back into collecting diecast.

I have been a racing fan ever since the ´80´s. Got back into collecting diecast last summer.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
As I've related before, I discovered the sport on 12/26/92 when my uncle gave me a big box of Racing Champions cars. It's become the most important thing in my life...practically the only thing that makes life worth living sometimes. (lol)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts