Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who wonders how he can't run Bayne out of his pocket? Yes, sponsorship drives the sport, and if you don't have a lot it can be a little more tough.

What I'm saying is how can RFR, one of the biggest operations in all of NASCAR, not even run what they've got?? I don't think Jack Roush is going broke.

Jack has killed tons of driver's careers. Colin Braun and Erik Darnell come to mind. Both were pretty good drivers, probably capable of winning races in the trucks and Nationwide. But when they don't have "36 race sponsorship", he shuts them down.

He really needs to do something, because if Kenseth doesn't get sponsorship, then is he going to get shelved with HMS? I don't think so, but with a guy like Jack Roush, I wouldn't be surprised.

Trevor Bayne had better watch his back. I don't think his Daytona 500 or Texas win is keeping him around.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Am I the only one who wonders how he can't run Bayne out of his pocket? Yes, sponsorship drives the sport, and if you don't have a lot it can be a little more tough.

What I'm saying is how can RFR, one of the biggest operations in all of NASCAR, not even run what they've got?? I don't think Jack Roush is going broke.

Jack has killed tons of driver's careers. Colin Braun and Erik Darnell come to mind. Both were pretty good drivers, probably capable of winning races in the trucks and Nationwide. But when they don't have "36 race sponsorship", he shuts them down.

He really needs to do something, because if Kenseth doesn't get sponsorship, then is he going to get shelved with HMS? I don't think so, but with a guy like Jack Roush, I wouldn't be surprised.

Trevor Bayne had better watch his back. I don't think his Daytona 500 or Texas win is keeping him around.
ehh...sorry to say but neither were 'next level' guys...they had three wins between the both of them, all in the CTS over the course of about 150 races...both were mid pack drivers who simply 'didn't have it'...I know plenty of folks like the 'little' guy and want to see that big dream come true for their hometown boy...but they had their shot, spent more sheetmetal than champagne, and they were moved out. Jack is hands down one of the most intelligent guys in that garage...he could spend his own cash, did that long ago, and won't likely do it again.sponsors will find talent. It's just the way it is...wins are attractive, even if there isn't a pretty face to go along with it.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I feel like Trevor is the ' real deal ' and he needs to be out there week in, and out.
another classic example...he actually has a lower average finish than the other two...he just got lucky and won the 500...anyone can win the 500 with just the right circumstances. BY ALL MEANS...I do not have the racing talent these kids have in their pinkie...but there is a HUGE gap between a cup star and a guy who takes laps. Logano was supposed to be the next big thing. He has his own struggles as well. And I'll say equipment and crew has a lot to do with it as well...but flat out, just because a kid has a good race doesn't make them the next champ or deserving of a ride/top shelf sponsor. It's hard when it's a favorite but it's cut and dry reality. He's a super nice kid and will bounce around for a while...but I doubt he ever makes it huge.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
Kinda funny how Matt Kenseth a past champion can't get a full season of sponsorship. I think he needs to dial down the asking price a bit and maybe he would have more sponsorship oppurtunities. It's sad really.

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Colin wasn't screwed he has been able to find his better calling in the American lamans series full season Erik darnell was a sub par driver at best didn't do much for talent

Trevor is being parked due to him not running two white cars for a lot of races he knows Ricky is the future

Trevor never did much after the 500 win with 1 nw win I at texes and I believe he didn't get another top 10 in the 21 car to me he was over hyped and rushed to cup to fast

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Rowdy, He was rushed to fast. Its like Atwood, Logano, and others. That is the reason why Allgaier dosent want to go to Cup now. But The reason why the cars are blank because the sponsor prices are overhyped compared to teams like RAB Racing and others.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
I don't think Bayne is over hyped. He has run just as well as Stenhouse (minus the win of course) with the Roush R&D team. Those two are the future of Roush. Not just Stenhouse

·
I've got no strings on me
1,360 Posts
Trevor never did much after the 500 win with 1 nw win I at texes and I believe he didn't get another top 10 in the 21 car to me he was over hyped and rushed to cup to fast
He had a Top 5 run going at Charlotte until he ran out of fuel.

·
Aspiring Graphic Designer
1,498 Posts
He finished 9th today. That isn't too bad. Still, I think TB needs more NWS experience before Cup. 2 years for him, Stenhouse can come up next year I think.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
He finished 9th today, His first top 10 since winning the Daytona 500.

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts

I agree with you. if roush would decrease the amount by 60% he charges, he can afford to run 4 Cup, 4 Nationwide, & 4 trucks. That Championship went to his head...

look at it this way...some teams have different sponsors, right. on pit road you still see them wearing the regular uniforms and Main Sponsored Pit Box items. well if you look at Roush's teams...even if it is 3 race sponsors, the team will bear that sponsors uniforms and the sponsors logo all over the pit equipment. Im not saying he needs to stop that, but maybe that is what's driving the price up. I lost track of how many sponsors left RFR for other teams or downgraded sponsorship..
Valvoline was 36 now 1 or more...
UPS was 36 now 1....
Aflace was 20 now 9....
Ollie's Bargain was 2 races, now with TBR doing 6 races...

theres more, but i can't name them all off the top of my head.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts