Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Jamie Little, Brent Brush pay tribute to Dan Wheldon with plaque placed at Las Vegas

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kidracer24 
#1 ·

FOX NASCAR pit reporter Jamie Little was very professional in the face of one of IndyCar racing’s biggest tragedies in recent years, when Dan Wheldon was killed at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2011.
Little was one of several pit reporters who covered the 2011 IndyCar season finale from Las Vegas for ABC at the time.
Wheldon’s car was catapulted into the Turn 2 catch fencing in a multi-car pileup, and he died of severe head injuries sustained in the accident. He’d won that year’s Indianapolis 500, which was his second triumph in the race.
Earlier Saturday, Little and Brent Brush paid tribute to Wheldon by placing a plaque – donated by Brush – in memory of Wheldon on the outside of the Turn 2 wall at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Little also replied to a question, noting that anyone who visits the track can visit the plaque.
This year will mark five years since both Wheldon’s incredible last-lap win at Indianapolis (May 29), and the accident that took his life (October 16).

Jamie Little, Brent Brush pay tribute to Dan Wheldon with plaque placed at Las Vegas

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't believe it's been five years since we lost Dan Wheldon. I'm glad he received this tribute.

Reactions: Firehawk2488
#5 ·
I can't believe it's been five years already, seems like just yesterday. I remember this day as being particularly sad for me since I had found out my grandma had passed that morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.